Game-Labs Forum

Hourly data usage for open world

draker123

I started this topic because unlike allot of other people I am running of cell service data and it has a limited amount. I really enjoy the game and only wish to know how many MB does open world use hourly. I love your game Naval Action and I would hate to stop playing just because it uses lots of internet data. Thanks in advance!

post-13036-0-53179600-1431713913_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know if the devs could easily get this info.  What I would do is, when in Open World get an application that monitors your data usage and see how it is for yourself.

I don't think it is all that much.  I can be on the Open Sea in a Coni and watching Netflix in the background without any interruption to either service.

In the top of the OW display there is game performance strip, which shows frame rates etc.  I am certain that this was also displaying network usage.  When I was playing my network usage was around 4-5 kb/s.  

This would average out to roughly 18 MB/hour.   If you had a 2GB data plan with your cell provider that would roughly give you 100-110 hours of game play in a month, assuming no other cell data usage.

Keep in mind my estimates are based on my usage and only from my recollection.

Quartermaster

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why dont you change to unlimited data plan. I use to tether and surprisingly it was very stable. I got kicked off sprint network because I was using "too much data" on an unlimited plan.

• Like 1

The reason why I don't use tether is cause I live in the middle of a rain forest and the fastest internet is cell service data. I am 2 hours away from a city and 1 hour away from a very small town. Trust me bud, if I could have tether I would.