Game-Labs Forum

Wondering what faction to join in Open World?

DougieOh

• 1 month later...

I'd say :)  join the British, your going to get owned by them anyway at some point

The French... well enough said about them...

The Dutch... Once they have cut all the oak trees down then what will they hug ?

The Spanish... They will never be the same again without Gibraltar

The Danes... Viking long boats are their thing

Swedes/Finns... Odd breed, When there ports do eventually thaw out they have about a week to sober up before the ports freeze over again and the sun stops shining

Pirates... They all moved to Somalia and left their kids behind

Neutrals... These should be Swiss, landlocked and never let near a sail

Americans.... Always the last into battle and the first out. Seems this is going to be correctly simulated in the game too.

British....   ahhhhhh, brothels, ale houses and the odd sheep if they are welsh. What more could you ask for

Italians would be a good nation to have, they could keep swapping sides on a daily basis

Edited by Terox
  • Like 5

Americans.... Always the last into battle and the first out. Seems this is going to be correctly simulated in the game too.

I'm sorry, are you a back to back world war champion? What country is yours exactly? I assume one of the dozens we had to bail out TWO times.

Edited by IronKraken

Americans should really work on their timekeeping! At least they showed up eventually.  :D  ;) 

Guest raat

Americans should really work on their timekeeping! At least they showed up eventually.  :D  ;) 

Yeah, sorry, America is just really busy making all the culture for the rest of the world to consume. :P

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, because Denmark and the Netherlands are such mountainous regions.

This is the Danish "Sky Mountain":

himmelbjerget_lion.jpg

I had never seen the Sky Mountain before, but now when I have I can't help but think it looks big.

I need to travel to more mountainous regions.

Edited by Kontreadmiral
  • Like 1

Couldn't resisit. :)

funny-Dutch-people-hill-landscape.jpg

On topic.

Joined France. No Poland at the time and Napoleon was our best bet (though high price of blood was asked). So... Vive La France! Vive L’Empereur!

Edited by Suriel
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So the economic patch is coming soontm, and everyone is excited about it.  I figured therefore that this would be a good time to revisit this topic and maybe update a few things.

We've seen the introduction of the Americans.  What can we say about them as a faction?  What are their ships like?  And their sailors?  Would this be a good choice for a new captain?

Well, the Americans are difficult to define.  But should you make the decision to join them you will be sailing for hours from their ports (reputed to be somewhere "way up north" but I've never been) just to catch sight of anything.  I suppose that would give you time to get to know them.  I rarely see them in game as I frequent the warm breezes and tropical delights of the ABC Islands mainly, with an occasional sojourn into the Gulf of Venezuela or Maracaibo Lagoon.  But I'm sure they're good guys to hang out with and do guy stuff with on those long, cold, monotonous cruises through the icebergs and freezing rain that are native to their homeland.  And hey!  Maybe you'll get lucky and die from Scurvy or Dysentery, or get eaten by a polar bear.  Better than the alternative.

Join if:  You really really like to be cold and alone.  

you-have-died-of-dysentery-t-shirt.png

Now on to American ships.  They come in two main types:  Old busted or new hotness.  

Old busted:

Eskimo-Dogs-Boat.jpg

New Hotness:

PaintingOfPirateShipBurningInTripoliHarb

The neat thing about the two choices of American vessels is that to go from Old and Busted to New Hotness you need only come within gun range of any Dutch ship.

So we've covered the American faction (poor devils) and their "ships" in some detail.  On to the crew!

maxresdefault.jpg

Admittedly, they do have catchy tunes, however.  

Edited by DougieOh
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...