Game-Labs Forum
admin

Please post your major annoyances

@admin   My major annoyance is an exploit that has gone from "occasional, and randomly used by a few" to "National modis operandi" for the Pirates. 

Here is how it works:  One Pirate Player signs on as an Alt in an enemy Nation.  They then camp themselves in a known major shipping lane of said enemy, and report in on ships/activity there.  When an appropriate target is spotted, fellow Pirates are made aware, and sign-on in the OW at or near that same location to make sudden, surprise attacks on the enemy's shipping. 

So, as an enemy Player scans the seas, they see only a friendly (usually in a Basic Cutter), and assume the coast is clear.  Then suddenly, there is an attack on their ship!   

This exploit has a simple fix:  Just as those who log-on in the OW have to wait 30 minutes to join a Port Battle, you could make it so that those logging-on in the OW must wait at least 10 minutes prior to attacking an enemy player.

1. Wind does not gently follow the compass around like hands on a clock, it changes direction often, where are the gusts? Or the trade winds? ocean currents also are a factor on speed.

2. The whole shallows system is garbage there is way to much of it and sometimes 10-20k off shore, or whole entire island chains unreachable on a 4th rate like Indiaman  (its not realistic     cause I know cruise ships go there and they are a lot bigger than any sailing ship ever was)  It needs to be scaled to the OW map not the real life ocean.

3. PLEASE explain to me how taking one hour or more  in real life to go from point A to point B with NOTHING to do, will make this game so good I cant stop playing it? there is realistic and       then there is boring.

4. No map pins.

5. Deep water ports with Shallows in there (see #2)

6. The distance to port is way to close I should not have to beach my ship to dock.

7. I hope the town icons and graphics are just place holders, they look horrible Kingston should be a bustling town with brick and morter houses walls castles not ramshackled lean to-s and     there needs to be life in the city

8. No sea life? really?

9. Ships need flags not just in combat but 100% of time.

Thank you

1) Wind direction changes too quickly, makes travelling anywhere more than 2 min away a pain in the stern. prevailing winds should be a thing, trades, storms causing stronger winds, etc.

2) No way to automate fleet travel on the OW. i.e, have more than 1 fleet active sailing on the OW, and have pop-up alerts if one gets attacked or to a port, and have a way to toggle between them.

3) No topographical features on map (name/location of prominent peaks marked, for sightings)

4) not able to beach ship to prevent sinking.

Edited by BPHick

The seas are empty.

There is nobody around except in care zones or shortly before portbattles. 10.x the game was playable with 150 people everyone had to use the OW everyone got a decent amount of encounters. Now with 11.x and 400 to 600 players the ocean is empty and time spend to encounter people beside mentioned events is tremendous.

Edited by z4ys

Still waiting on the garbage ship specific slot unlocks to go away. Haven't played the game in nearly 2 months because of it. Other avenues of getting books still not implemented. Only way to get a port battle is through missions. Everything above forces grinding AI missions which is a huge turnoff to me. 

Open World issues....

1) I'd like longer/slower day/night cycles.  (The weather/storm cycles seem OK to me.) 

2) Lack of national flags on ships in OW.

3) There are not enough individual 3rd-6th rate AI ships around.  When I take a 4th/5th/6th Rate out there are rarely individual AI 4th/5th/6th Rates to battle. 

4)  AI ships still sail through land.  Except...for the entrance to Nouvelle-Orleans where there's often an AI ship/fleet mysteriously stuck at the mouth of the harbor for hours. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

port hoppers 

appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/appear /disappear/

and are invunrable in a ( for them ) even enemy port 

in eve we have a timer for that situation ....you can not enter the port(dock) if tagged .. you have to fight ...

Edited by Thonys

On 11.10.2017 at 9:19 AM, z4ys said:

The seas are empty.

There is nobody around except in care zones or shortly before portbattles. 10.x the game was playable with 150 people everyone had to use the OW everyone got a decent amount of encounters. Now with 11.x and 400 to 600 players the ocean is empty and time spend to encounter people beside mentioned events is tremendous.

My advice, make it like all chicken players gank in mass the prussian nation between Almirante and Mandingo on EU-server. Its easy because we are so few and you have with 5 vs 1 an easy success and nobody will hunt you because we are so few. Only problem the queue of chicken gankers is really long! If you are real big coward chicken with tiny shrinky balls wait until the prussian player is in missions than the npc help the coward chicken, also its than a lot more easier (as 5 vs1) and you can be more proud of being a coward chicken. Thats the eilte of our PvP players - coward chicken gankers!

So my advice to the devs make npc missions without any time joining constrainsts so that it is possible that coward chicken gankers from different nation can join the battle.  Its a lot more easier to gank the player if you are than 20 vs 1 and for sure thats more fun for the gankers! 

@admin

If you guys ever Wondered why this Game gets so many Negative Reviews and just why so few People stay in the Game without extensive Safezones.

This is what PvP usually looks like in this Game ;)

050069552A468CC9916A7B9EFAF339E6889CE3C3

Instead of PvP Servers you should rename it to Ganking Servers ^^

tbf if the cutter was you I would have done the same :-)  

4 hours ago, Liq said:

tbf if the cutter was you I would have done the same :-)  

Lol. Yes! Everyone tends to ignore players in basic cutters but if you see a player known for being toxic and combative in the forums that would be soooo tempting.

6 hours ago, Farrago said:

Lol. Yes! Everyone tends to ignore players in basic cutters but if you see a player known for being toxic and combative in the forums that would be soooo tempting.

Unfortunately not.

In fact the Guys even attempted to reason them attacking Basic Cutters Saying they might Transport Books or Something :)

They apparently did not know me.

Guys how about you stop with these pitiful attempts to weasel yourself out of it.

The Sad Fact about this Game is. That this is not a PvP Server. Its a Ganking and Griefing Server. And the Reason its almost impossible to get any New Players into this Game. Is because they just constantly get Griefed by Ganking Squads like this.

You can see that even from the way this Ganking Squad is made up. Its the Typical Mix of 2 Fast Taggers and 1 Heavy Combat Ship.  This Mix is not used for PvP Combat against other Clans or RvR where you need Combat Power.

This Setup is 100% Ganking and used to Attack Single Ships and make sure they cant Run Away. Its the Typical Setup for Open World Ganking.

Edited by Sunleader

The only reason why anybody would attack a basic cutter has been stated above. Keep sticking your head in the sand :-)

15 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Unfortunately not.

In fact the Guys even attempted to reason them attacking Basic Cutters Saying they might Transport Books or Something :)

They apparently did not know me.

Guys how about you stop with these pitiful attempts to weasel yourself out of it.

The Sad Fact about this Game is. That this is not a PvP Server. Its a Ganking and Griefing Server. And the Reason its almost impossible to get any New Players into this Game. Is because they just constantly get Griefed by Ganking Squads like this.

You can see that even from the way this Ganking Squad is made up. Its the Typical Mix of 2 Fast Taggers and 1 Heavy Combat Ship.  This Mix is not used for PvP Combat against other Clans or RvR where you need Combat Power.

This Setup is 100% Ganking and used to Attack Single Ships and make sure they cant Run Away. Its the Typical Setup for Open World Ganking.

Yes, we know from other posts that you have a very narrow definition of PVP and a very wide definition of ganking.

So I ask, why didn't you just escape? You were in a Basic Cutter. Did you try to fight it out or were you AFK?

It's rather amazing how failing at what ought to have been an easy escape and losing a zero-value ship is a "major annoyance" to anyone at all.

10 hours ago, Farrago said:

Yes, we know from other posts that you have a very narrow definition of PVP and a very wide definition of ganking.

So I ask, why didn't you just escape? You were in a Basic Cutter. Did you try to fight it out or were you AFK?

Nope ^^

I simply Waited :)

I wanted the Screenshot after all *gg*

And well sorry but if you really claim. That 2 Frigates and 1 Ship of the Line Attacking a Basic Cutter is not Ganking.

Then oh well lets not go there ^^ I dont want to get Banned in the Forums ^^

And well you can Laugh.

It might be a Zero Value Ship. So sure. To me as someone who is playing this Game for a while and who was just traveling around. This was a Laugh. Actually it helped me because this way I got pulled to the closest Port sparing me some time maneuvering around the Islands on the Coast.

But the Problem is. This is the Picture that New Players get when they come into this Game. The Average Experience which new Players get when they take their First Ships be it a Cutter or an Privateer etc. Is that they get picked off the moment they Leave the Safezone. Dragged into a Fight where they have no Hope to do anything. And then sit there watching helplessly how their Ship is Raped.

Great First Experience. If your Target is to keep as many People as Possible from Playing the Game. And have an as small Userbase as Possible. Then Hell are we doing it Right.

If we however planned to actually get Players into this Game. I fear we might be on the Wrong Track there. Just saying *gg*

You do realize that they can see that you're a Commodore in the OW, right? Gives a whole lot more credence to their claim that they're hunting for light trade goods (labour notes, upgrade ferry) than actually ganking newbies.

So not only are you faking stuff for the sake of argument (if you can call your drivel that), even then it's not even applicable. What a joke.

4 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Nope ^^

I simply Waited :)

I wanted the Screenshot after all *gg*

And well sorry but if you really claim. That 2 Frigates and 1 Ship of the Line Attacking a Basic Cutter is not Ganking.

Then oh well lets not go there ^^ I dont want to get Banned in the Forums ^^

And well you can Laugh.

It might be a Zero Value Ship. So sure. To me as someone who is playing this Game for a while and who was just traveling around. This was a Laugh. Actually it helped me because this way I got pulled to the closest Port sparing me some time maneuvering around the Islands on the Coast.

But the Problem is. This is the Picture that New Players get when they come into this Game. The Average Experience which new Players get when they take their First Ships be it a Cutter or an Privateer etc. Is that they get picked off the moment they Leave the Safezone. Dragged into a Fight where they have no Hope to do anything. And then sit there watching helplessly how their Ship is Raped.

Great First Experience. If your Target is to keep as many People as Possible from Playing the Game. And have an as small Userbase as Possible. Then Hell are we doing it Right.

If we however planned to actually get Players into this Game. I fear we might be on the Wrong Track there. Just saying *gg*

Dude.

If I see you in a basic cutter or TBH any other ship I would just attack you, doesn't matter what you sail or what cargo you have and if its a major annoyance for you, even better

Well and here we got the Problem with RPKs and Griefers.

For just a Single RPK and Griefer to be Happy. He needs to make 10-20 People Unhappy each Week.

Take a guess why Games which do not prevent this kind of rubbish always turn out Dead very fast :)

Edited by Sunleader

Trade: trade is OK as it is.

Crafting: the fact that Wasa (is not craftable and) is just best ship for PVP, for 4th rate battles and it is also very effective to farm PVE content, is a big hit to ship crafting. Besides Indiaman, 1st rates, heavy rattlesnake and endymion, there is no actual market.

PVE: good as it is, but adding some variation in missions could be nice (defend convoy, attack convoy, exploration)

RvR: seems good as it is now, and It probably will grow even better with battle rating cap instead of number and level of ships (as far as alliances are concerned, I preferred the old faction based alliance and have no particular opinion about the proposed clan based alliances);

PVP: any kind of small scale OS PVP (besides trader's ganking and the case in which one part is not able to tag or countertag properly) is just a one hour speed race + a sail repair/stern - bow chasers contest. The one with the fastest failfitted ship and more sail repairs, just wins or is able to flee. So - paradoxally - it's one of the most boring things of the game: 90% of times - unless your opponent is a complete moron - you can tell who will win (or not loose, at least) after 2 minutes the combat has started.

Edited by victor

57 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

Well and here we got the Problem with RPKs and Griefers.

For just a Single RPK and Griefer to be Happy. He needs to make 10-20 People Unhappy each Week.

Take a guess why Games which do not prevent this kind of rubbish always turn out Dead very fast :)

You left the safezone.... this isnt Griefing or RPK (Whatever that means)

If you leave the safezone you shouldnt complain to get attacked.

... my major annoyances at this moment ...

1. 15kn speed cap ... makes light frigates useless ... if a Wasa can nearly go 15kns, you dont need fast frigates

2. no working alliance system ... we need a dynamic alliance system ... also because the new smal nations 

3. not enought 74er Lineships ... the amount of different ships in each class (1st, 2nd, 3rd rates ect.) should be more historical

thx for requesting and reading

Berend

2 hours ago, Abram Svensson said:

You left the safezone.... this isnt Griefing or RPK (Whatever that means)

If you leave the safezone you shouldnt complain to get attacked.

True.

Nevertheless I still do not understand what's the fun (or either the challenge) in pack smashing a single player which is sailing alone a smaller ship.

Killing AI in PVE missions - that is what carebears do - is way more difficult and challenging.

Edited by victor

7 minutes ago, victor said:

True.

Nevertheless I still do not understand what's the fun (or either the challenge) in pack smashing a single player which is sailing alone a smaller ship.

Killing AI in PVE missions - that is what carebears do - is way more difficult and challenging.

its the same like attacking a trader: you are curious what he his hiding in his hold.

caught a basic cutter at la navasse once which had 2 books inside

Edit: i wouldnt attack low ranks (rank 1-3) in a basic cutter, but if a max rank sails it i would

Edited by Abram Svensson

Just now, Abram Svensson said:

its the same like attacking a trader: you are curious what he his hiding in his hold.

caught a basic cutter at la navasse once which had 2 books inside

Well, with the actual set of rules (no XP or marks for boarding), attacking traders means sinking them 99% of times.

And ... as  far as the cutter with books is concerned, he was a total moron, since important books are moved nowdays in untouchable fir/fir pimped lynx :P

Edited by victor