Game-Labs Forum

Open world: technical problems, glitches, bugs and workarounds

admin

Battles never end. Spotted a British player attacking a Spanish fleet near Dutch territorial waters. Joined Spain to kill him but he sailed away during the whole battle. 30 minutes after the "BATTLE OVER" still nothing.

People abuse this to avoid PVP and being caught by other nations.

Edit: You can stay in the reward screen as well to avoid battles.

Edited by Goodblue

Had a lot of trouble with a crew less surrendered Cerberus that continued to drift upwind. Trying to get into position to use X to capture proved to be incredibly challenging. I don't believe currents are modelled so it was a bit surprising to have the surrendered and crew less ship evade capture by drifting upwind. While I was able to get the X to capture to come up briefly the battle timer ran out with the Cerberus still floating upwind. Wanted to do a F11 report but didn't manage it before the battle instance ended. If I spot a similar situation in the future I'll definitely put up a report.

Edited by Pixel

OK, I think this has been mentioned before, but it seems to have become worse now.

Spotted a Navy brig and hailed it. Hail showed one brig sailing alone.

Attacked in my Mercury and entered battle.

Brig was there all right but so were eight other enemy ships.

Had to use my Armageddon procedure (as in Armageddon outa here!)

Got away, but only just.

Is this part of the gameplay or is something wrong? Bit of a waste of time really.

Edited by Bolitho
  • Like 1

OK, I think this has been mentioned before, but it seems to have become worse now.

Spotted a Navy brig and hailed it. Hail showed one brig sailing alone.

Attacked in my Mercury and entered battle.

Brig was there all right but so were eight other enemy ships.

Had to use my Armageddon procedure (as in Armageddon outa here!)

Got away, but only just.

Is this part of the gameplay or is something wrong? Bit of a waste of time really.

Had this happen to me twice last night.

• 5 weeks later...

When using the telescope on a mercury towards the front, well it gets interesting: 

You can see the figurehead hovering in the over the water and when you further look down, there also is the bow wake, just without any hull.

Yes, I also f11-ed it.

Edited by BlueEagleGER

Hello and nice to be here again,long time without see the develpment of the game.nice to see the open world mode,seems a good start of an open world!

to start playing I noticed inwhichthe I no longer have my yach :(, why? I always thought that was part of the purchase of the game, maybe it's a tecnical problem. I dont own map, spyglass, use the gun or any of the other command does not work . that maybe be a matter of verifying the integrity of the game cache and I did, but all is well in that part apparently.

I hope you can help me with these doubts, greetings i Keep up the good work!

Jasyaryar, the battles are in instances, meaning that you need to attack/be attacked to be able to use spyglass, guns, manual sails and all the other good stuff from the sea trials. To attack sb, click on his vessel, sail close to it and press attack.

As for a map, many use Booyaah's google map (gameplay discussion->open world discussion-> maps, it is pinned)

Hope, that is helpful

• Like 1

When I set sail from the first port, I only get the sea like I'm half under and none of the keys work, only the chat work?

Please post a separate post in a support section briefly explaining what you did before that, and indicating your player name.

Elusive bug happening sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...

I've F11'd this, but want to post here as well.

I'm sailing under French colors, have been since the start. However, just today I've been getting the warning 'You will become a Pirate if you attack this ship' [Confirm/Cancel] and this pops up on every single ship I click on; French w/Contraband, British trader, British warship, Swedish, etc. I've exited the game and logged back in, no change still.

Update: In one instance, I clicked a French ship which was a long ways off, it must have opened up 100+ of the Pirate messages (i counted the clicks), there were enough to made the slightly translucent option box into a completely opaque box. I had to click cancel about 100 times before I could get rid of the prompts. I noticed my FPS also dropped to about 13-15 while this box was up, which leads me to believe it was reissuing the warning at an out of control rate bogging it down.

Update 2 & CAUSE: I had switch my controls around in a previous battle, setting my single shot fire to mouse click, and the firing of all guns to spacebar, reversing them essentially. When I went into controls and pressed Reset, then selecting a ship in the OW, the message was no longer present. It appears to be related to the keys I was using.

To be clear I had:

Fire - space
Single Shot - mouse0

Edited by Arnaud Arpes

HELP!!!!!

I logged into this morning and my second outpost at Monti Cristi where i mostly play out was gone. All my ships and my gear and trade goods vanished.  Is there anyway to get it back?

My captain's name is Liberty Jack  he is a USA nation captain.

PLEASE HELP.

cleardot.gif

according to our logs you closed outpost yesterday at 5:51am (server time), was it some other outpost?

Neither "F9" nor "F8" works for HD screenshots. Tried on two different computers, two last small patches, reset controls and rebound keys; nothing.

HD screenshots functionality was disabled in public build as it's not stable enough