Game-Labs Forum

Open world: technical problems, glitches, bugs and workarounds

admin

You definitely get the option to, but I've not had the need to actually do it so I don't know for certain that it actually works. Also whatever you do, don't delete your original outpost because it's currently bugged if you do and it'll cause you no end of troubles ;)

You definitely get the option to, but I've not had the need to actually do it so I don't know for certain that it actually works. Also whatever you do, don't delete your original outpost because it's currently bugged if you do and it'll cause you no end of troubles ;)

Lol thats my problem ! My default outpost is in neutral port - unreachable for me atm :P

hmm, before the maintenance, i bought a second port before I closed my original port and everything work just fine. After the maintenance, I bought a third port then closed the second port, then after that 5 minutes, I bought my fourth port, no problem with sending the ship to any port at all.

Edited by Doschichis

This really is a small thing and I'm not sure its a bug so I didn't made a F11:
The port of St. John's on Antigua now is a shallow water port. When you want to enter it you basicly have to drive your ship aground (aprox. 2/3 the width of the bay, southern side) to get the Enter Port function.

Edited by BlueEagleGER

I am trying to get access to the OW.  I did go into properties...then to the beta tab...then inputted the code that was provided to me....it accepts the code....but there is not the drop down for an Open World option that is said should be there.  I have tried this over and over again for at least a week or two.  Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

FLGibsonJr

I am trying to get access to the OW.  I did go into properties...then to the beta tab...then inputted the code that was provided to me....it accepts the code....but there is not the drop down for an Open World option that is said should be there.  I have tried this over and over again for at least a week or two.  Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

FLGibsonJr

Restart Steam, if that doesn't work, restart your computer.  That seems to fix the issue for the others who had it.

• Like 1

Had a problem with the chat last night, my internet died while I was in the middle of a battle.

A few minutes later it came back so I logged in, all good back in the fight.

However my chat stopped working alltogether, it showed the log of the messages sent previously. But whenever I typed anything it didn't send, and I couldn't see any new messages

Also switching channels (Pirate, Global, Help) it just was stuck showing the messages from Battle still

Restarted the game again and it was still wonky, but came back after awhile

Restart Steam, if that doesn't work, restart your computer.  That seems to fix the issue for the others who had it.

Prater,

Thanks very much! Had to allow for a beta in my Steam Account then restarted Steam.  It worked.  

Best Regards,

Gibson

Had a problem with the chat last night, my internet died while I was in the middle of a battle.

A few minutes later it came back so I logged in, all good back in the fight.

However my chat stopped working alltogether, it showed the log of the messages sent previously. But whenever I typed anything it didn't send, and I couldn't see any new messages

Also switching channels (Pirate, Global, Help) it just was stuck showing the messages from Battle still

Restarted the game again and it was still wonky, but came back after awhile

I had the same thing today, some messages about AI traffic, or better the missing of traffic in specific regions, to my british allies just didn´t show up in chat. Before that I relauched the game due to my being crap and hitting Exit Game instead of Leave Battle after sinking a pirate´s brig.

Edited by BlueEagleGER

I had been having an issue with getting loaded into battles basically ships weren't loading in.

Last night I tried changing my AV (from Avira to MSE) I don't think this made any difference.

Then I reinstalled Naval Action (had done this before) but this time after I uninstalled through Steam I totally deleted the Naval Action folder from within the commonapps folder within the Steam folder then I reinstalled Naval Action.

Since then it has worked everytime.

Very Happy

S!

Edited by Cherkasov54

I have some problems.

1. When I pressed F9 for HD screenshot the game started using a really big amount of ram so I had to close in the windows task manager.

2. When using the right mouse button to look around in the open world the sound stops when you click the right mouse button.

EDIT:

Is there some of these that you want me to provide more info about, or more files? 

Edited by Adam Creutz

Last night I was in a battle with my newly purchased Navy Brig vs as Snow.  Less then 2 min into the battle and with over 75% armor on both sides The snow fired and I was immediately sent to the end off battle screen (it did not show me sinking or any of the normal things that happen at the end of battles) which showed 0% on everything thing except for the crew which was shown to be at 48% I think,  It listed 80ish XP and 325 gold, but that I had lost the fight.  This then ported me to the nearest port were having only 1100 Gold I could not repair my fully damaged ship which still had 4 durability left.  I had no choice but to sell it and buy a basic lynx in order to sail from the port.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of crash from battle?

A couple of quick questions sir:

1.  Were you on fire?  Was there a bell ringing constantly (ding ding ding ding ding....)?  Or was the Snow on fire and were you close to it?  You would have heard the same dinging...

2.  Your second issue is a "feature" being reconsidered by Admin.  It can be a real pain to lose 4 durabilities because your ship was too damaged to repair with the gold you have on hand.  A suggestion (which I like) has been made to allow you to sacrifice a durability to fully repair your ship.

I don't remember hearing any dings and the snow did not look to be on fire,  as I was in aiming mode I could have been on fire, and just not seen it.  It still feels a little weird to be just booted from the fight and not have it show my damaged ship sink or something, letting me leave the battle.

It would be nice, if I could have been able to use a durability to repair, it would have been less painful.

If it was a fire,  is there a way to combat it?  I will have to check (I moved the modules to my lynx), but I believe I had fire buckets on this ship.

Combat Fire by going to survival mode.  If you were on fire and exploded, that would explain the sudden ending to the match - there's no coming back from an earth shattering kaboom, repair kit or no, because there was nobody left alive to repair the little pieces of your ship that were strewn across the sea.  :)

Combat Fire by going to survival mode.  If you were on fire and exploded, that would explain the sudden ending to the match - there's no coming back from an earth shattering kaboom, repair kit or no, because there was nobody left alive to repair the little pieces of your ship that were strewn across the sea.   :)

Combat Fire by going to survival mode.

must agree that's the solution; just happened to me and it saved my ass. ^^

Strange thing happened yesterday at the end of a battle . I was fighting with my Snow against 3 ships : a Navy Brig, a Brig and a Cutter. The Navy Brig caught fire and ended by exploding ( nice explosion ) close to the 2 others. After that, all of my 3 opponents where dead. I left the arena and - surprise ! - i could send to the oupost the 3 ships !  The Navy Brig, after such explosion, should have sunk and wouldn't be available for a capture i think.

Captured Snow's have 9pt guns on the lower deck which are class 6 even though that gun slot has a 8-9 class rating. If the guns are removed added guns must conform to the 8-9 class restriction though if you leave the guns they function fine. I guess either the AI Snow needs to be outfitted with the appropriate canon class or the class for that deck needs to be updated.