Game-Labs Forum

Open world: technical problems, glitches, bugs and workarounds

admin

Alright, there is an issue with multiple outposts just now.  The Devs are aware of it, we just have to tough it out until they can find cycles to implement a patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

No worries Friend, I'm glad I can find these things and help in even the smallest way.

• Like 1

Error: login queue request failed.

when I logged in Steam did an update. did it do something to my login ability?. I tried closing Steam and re-logging with the same result.

sever is down for 1.5 week. you can go back in sea trial in the meantime

Every 10 seconds, far away from coast and shallow waters, whatever her direction from and to the wind, my basic Lynx stops during 1-2 seconds and then starts again for 10 seconds. On and on... All the time. At each session.

No FPS drops (FPS is between 40 and 60), only ship deceleration and acceleration (variations in speed)...

No sail changes, no direction changes. Moving in a straight line. No key pressed on the keyboard. 

Just an AZERTY keyboard with a QWERTY setup (english). It worked with sea trials and it works in combat instances.

No stop and go issue in combat instances. Only in the OW.

Geforce GTX 560 Ti

Intel Core i7-2600 3,4 GHz

8 Go RAM

Graphics : medium

FPS : 50-60

Ping : 60-70

How stable is your connection? If you open up command prompt and ping google.com -t do you have any timeouts?

• Like 1

How stable is your connection? If you open up command prompt and ping google.com -t do you have any timeouts?

Thanks for the answer.

When I ping ggogle.com -t, most of my "times" are around 50 but every 10 lines, I have "times" = about 2000.

Is it "timeouts" ?

Does that mean I have an issue with my internet connection ? 

That is a major issue. I don't think that is related to the game but with your internet connection. Do you have another computer on the same network? Does it do the same thing? If so, I'd try rebooting the router. Does it continue afterwards? I'd then call your isp. 2000 is a 2 second delay.

• Like 1

That is a major issue. I don't think that is related to the game but with your internet connection. Do you have another computer on the same network? Does it do the same thing? If so, I'd try rebooting the router. Does it continue afterwards? I'd then call your isp. 2000 is a 2 second delay.

I have another computer on the same network. It doesn't do the same thing : times is always about 50...

However : thanks !!!

Edited by LeBoiteux

I have another computer on the same network. It doesn't do the same thing : times is always about 50...

However : thanks !!!

Did you do the ping while NA was running or not running? Try it both ways.

It is sounding like it is something with your computer. Do you have something that basically hogs your internet every 10 seconds?

• Like 1

First bug of the new open world :)

I leave Willemstad in my Surprise and im stuck on the shallows. No way to get out and also can not get to port anymore.

Sollution:

Teleport all surprise and up from Willemstad to Fort Zoutman (including the outpost. No need for an outpost in Willemstad if u cant reach it).

Edit:

A friend of mine just pulled me in a battlefield (he became a pirate because of that action) trying to get me out of the shallows, but that also does not work. U will spawn on the same spot and still be stuck on the shallows.

Did you do the ping while NA was running or not running? Try it both ways.

It is sounding like it is something with your computer. Do you have something that basically hogs your internet every 10 seconds?

Problem solved thanks to you, Prater :

I just closed a couple of programs that ran in the background and that solved my ping issue !!! (I didn't know the "trick")

Now I just need to look into them to know which one hogs my net every 10 sec.

Thanks a lot !!!

please reset my character "Schuetzengel" on swedish side, but please let me keep my rank and money if possible.

i deleted my starting outpost and this triggered somehow a bunch of problems. also having an outpost on the "neutral" outpost isnt helping either.

i dont have acess to my ships, outposts, modules, inventory, outfitting slots, money, rank....

please reset my character "Schuetzengel" on swedish side, but please let me keep my rank and money if possible.

i deleted my starting outpost and this triggered somehow a bunch of problems. also having an outpost on the "neutral" outpost isnt helping either.

i dont have acess to my ships, outposts, modules, inventory, outfitting slots, money, rank....

Ya, I should have posted in the Open World forum about this bug.  We posted in the Testers forum before Open World was opened up to Santi Owners about this issue.

If you close your Starting Port if you try to send ships to port it will always send to the 2nd port.  It can't be fixed.  Admin said they are looking into it and will hopefully find a fix in the next few patches.

It wasn't a problem when you could sell ships from Sea.  I am thinking it will be a problem now that you have to send to port.

TLDR:  DO NOT CLOSE YOUR ORIGINAL OUTPOST.  Or you will be stuck with the bug Schuetzengel, DazednConfused and I have where our outposts are all messed up.  Admin is working on a fix.

this is not only about sending ships, i cant see my modules, outfitting, inventory, hold, ships in outpost, money, rank ...-interface

i cant buy ships and switch to them, i cant switch cannons, or remove them, i can only sail on my old trinc and thats it :/

this is not only about sending ships, i cant see my modules, outfitting, inventory, hold, ships in outpost, money, rank ...-interface

i cant buy ships and switch to them, i cant switch cannons, or remove them, i can only sail on my old trinc and thats it :/

Well, I guess I haven't logged in yet to see if I am the same way.  But when Dazed and I did that last build, it only made it so we could only send ships to our 2nd outpost.

bug found at the end of battle:

I finished defeating a Cutter with my lynx,  still had 2 armor port side, and 3 armor on the starboard and full rear armor.  was in survival but showed no water.  When the battle ended it jumped to end battle screen (did not wait for me to leave) and my ship had 0's on every spec's and was ported to the nearest neutral port.    Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

NOTE:  Really glad to be back in and testing.  Having a great time.

It seems that the day to night transition isnt as smooth as it was before the Patch.It sort of gets darker in "lumps" as opposed to a smooth transition.Also im not too happy about the 10 min Vulnerability if you exit mid Ocean,you sometimes have no option but to do this.I prefer it the way it was pre patch.I also noted a distinct reduction in  AI Traffic.The wind is also not changing smoothly as it was pre patch,again it changes in "jumps" rather than a smooth transition.

That was caused by using a magic unknown port located at 0 on the map. Port was deleted and now game UI does not know what to do with you. 

investigating