Game-Labs Forum

Open world: technical problems, glitches, bugs and workarounds

admin

MAJOR MAJOR BUG.  Please fix.

7-20-2016    3.34 pm PST  Puerto Escondido.  

Port Battle british attack spain.    14 to zero.   I am  in my pavel ready to join when 4 british waiting outside tag me.   I re enter port.   Put some different mods on .....then enter OW.

I see a battle outside that states 4 brits versus 1 spain at 600 dura.  hmmm..that looks like me.     But then I am tagged again by a Bellona but I also see friendly npcs in view.

I get dragged into this battle and everything looks fair..a good fight.

after 10 minutes.   I suddenly exit battle and end up in port and lose 1 dura on my pavel 800 men , an officer.     ???   How did that happen.  apparently ..I was AFK in that battle I mentioned before with out me knowing it.    Should I have logged off quickly and re logged in???  

I reported bug .    British players should know this is a bug and not exploit it.  Just not right.      This needs to be FIXED ASAP!!!!

Im having a problem where I can play the game noproblem. runs fine.

but i can not use the chats and when a friend look me up they cant fined me or invite me to groups. and when it does go through i get droped from group.

clan window does not show me online even thought i am.    any help would be great.

and i have already done a reinstall, and checked the file integrety.

Im having a problem where I can play the game noproblem. runs fine.

but i can not use the chats and when a friend look me up they cant fined me or invite me to groups. and when it does go through i get droped from group.

clan window does not show me online even thought i am.    any help would be great.

and i have already done a reinstall, and checked the file integrety.

Perhaps antivirus/firewall issue - please check the general workaround for connection issues:

Please check that router/software is not blocking ports 7770, 8089, 5672, 5222, 8080, 21020-21036, 7401-7600 for the game, also turn off all programs which use internet heavily (like torrent programs, netflix clients), disable antivirus, turn off k9 web protection filter or similar to that filters, also, you can try to put your router into DMZ mode

Hello Ink,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Last night as I was coming into Key West in a traders lynx I spotted a pirate, no big deal, I turned around and went the other way. He of course gave chase and ended up getting close enough to tag me, again not out of the ordinary, I have been tagged before and know what to do. Here is the problem. Upon getting tagged I completely lost control of of my ship, could not turn it, raise or lower sails or do anything. Just sail in a straight line. Could not surrender. The mouse only gave me a flying camera. Trying all keys and key combinations I could think of I finally hit the control key and it gave me control of my cursor. But all that would do was let me type in chat. After I was captured and went to the end of battle screen everything worked as normal. My question is, what happened? How did I lose control of my ship? Is it a bug? Or am I missing something? I have never had such a thing happen before.

Thanks  

Hello Ink,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Last night as I was coming into Key West in a traders lynx I spotted a pirate, no big deal, I turned around and went the other way. He of course gave chase and ended up getting close enough to tag me, again not out of the ordinary, I have been tagged before and know what to do. Here is the problem. Upon getting tagged I completely lost control of of my ship, could not turn it, raise or lower sails or do anything. Just sail in a straight line. Could not surrender. The mouse only gave me a flying camera. Trying all keys and key combinations I could think of I finally hit the control key and it gave me control of my cursor. But all that would do was let me type in chat. After I was captured and went to the end of battle screen everything worked as normal. My question is, what happened? How did I lose control of my ship? Is it a bug? Or am I missing something? I have never had such a thing happen before.

Thanks

Captain, have you reported it via F11 bug reporter?

No I didn't Ink. I didn't know you could do that the next day. It was only after telling a clan mate what had happened that I realized it might be a bug instead of something I was overlooking or doing wrong. I'll go ahead and report it with the approximate time and place.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is an interesting one. Raised hostility on a port to 100% yesterday and today the is no hostility at all and no port battle slotted.

At the time we were running missions there was 3 port battles listed. The hostility was driven to 100%. The assumption is that when the next PB ended that this one would become active or at the very least after the server reset would drop in hostility a little and we would work it back up again. What actually happened is that the hostility disappeared entirely like a port battle was triggered except there is no port battle on the schedule. I am unsure if this is a bug or by design, if it is by design then there may be some complaints due to players working for hours to drive up hostility just to find that someone else beat them to it. Small clans who barely have enough to do the missions will be overrun by larger clans who can field 15+ people to wipe out missions at a faster rate. The smaller clans could join the larger clans but that would defeat the entire reason for creating their clan in the first place.

If this is by design is it possible to add more then 3 slots available?

Thank you.

Hi Gents

Hope this in the right place(1st post). 

After the last patch I was sailing in my Connie,come across an LGV so attacked.I was creeping up behind her to to smash her back doors in but missed on my 1st volley,now as my 2nd rnds hit the mark my game completely froze! I still had sound but no access at all to the game.I flapped and hit the power button,switched back on and managed to get back into game(forgot to mention I had a trader with me which I lost) so I re enter and I'm in open waters with damage to my connie and my trader lost!

So I checked game integrity and all seemed k so this morning I tried again,Same thing happens its as if as soon as I or the other ship takes any damage what so ever the game freezes,i checked integrity again(you may have guessed I'm no geek around a computer so haven't a clue. Just this minute took a cutter from Savanah on a basic mission and same thing happens. I cant report through F11 as game freezes,i was going to take a vid on my phone and post!!!!

Any ideas as at the moment its unplayable(obviously)

Many Thanks

Cheese

• 1 month later...

Was hugging the coast tonight, well inside the 'safe' zone outside the Charleston entrance, when I was tagged. There was no option to call for reinforcements in combat.  Lost my vic and upgrades.  Also, I had turned off Survive, hoping to go into fireshock, but once boarded, Survive was back on.

6 hours ago, JohnAustin said:

Was hugging the coast tonight, well inside the 'safe' zone outside the Charleston entrance, when I was tagged. There was no option to call for reinforcements in combat.  Lost my vic and upgrades.  Also, I had turned off Survive, hoping to go into fireshock, but once boarded, Survive was back on.

Captain, most likely you got dragged in a battle via NPC tag. This issue is under review.

10 hours ago, JohnAustin said:

Not sure about the rest of that but when you get boarded your crew auto goes back into Survival and will put out fires and pump water out.  I've raged boared both players and AI to put fires out on there ships waiting until it was out before I either disengaged or killed them.    Also fire shock depends if your on fire and the location of the fire.  Fires might not spread fast even with it turned off cause of location of fire and wood type of the ship.  

I been noticing a lot of folks are doing the cheese way to get out of fights or loose a ship by constantly turning off survival and hoping to sink or blow up. It shouldn't be the easy way out of a fight or loosing a ship.

• 2 weeks later...

I have major issue with sound in other words.. 0 sound ow or battle..my motherboard is maximus vi formula with ALC1150 and razer kraken headset..tried disabling/removing headset, reinstalling game, compatibility win 7..  in unity log reports FMOD failed to initialize the output device, attempting to initialize the null output...i just bought the game and if i can't play with sound  i'll probably refund.. sound is half of the game

Edited by John McCrow

12 hours ago, John McCrow said:

I have major issue with sound in other words.. 0 sound ow or battle..my motherboard is maximus vi formula with ALC1150 and razer kraken headset..tried disabling/removing headset, reinstalling game, compatibility win 7..  in unity log reports FMOD failed to initialize the output device, attempting to initialize the null output...i just bought the game and if i can't play with sound  i'll probably refund.. sound is half of the game

Captain, once in a battle please send ingame report via F11

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Hi @Ink,

There is one graphical bug with the mast of the Buccentaure that only happens in OW.

The issue is that the masts are invisible, it is the only ship I have the issue up to now. Other players have also reported the same problema so it is not related to my pc.

Captain, the fix is in process

• Like 1

There is a bug with the Santísima. When the top decks are equipped with medium cannons (9 and 12 pounders), they do zero or extremely limited damage to any enemy ships hull(central health bar) even after all the armor is stripped away. Have tried this at 50m range, with double charge and double shot, from bow, stern and sides. Some people from chat, and some people on the forums have reported experiencing the same issue.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On Saturday, November 25, 2017 at 4:27 AM, Jack Wheeler said:

There is a bug with the Santísima. When the top decks are equipped with medium cannons (9 and 12 pounders), they do zero or extremely limited damage to any enemy ships hull(central health bar) even after all the armor is stripped away. Have tried this at 50m range, with double charge and double shot, from bow, stern and sides. Some people from chat, and some people on the forums have reported experiencing the same issue.

Yes, i posted this a few weeks or month ago and nothing. Inclusive against small ships