Game-Labs Forum

Open world: technical problems, glitches, bugs and workarounds

admin

Thanks for the report, Captain.

The random undock teleportation is a  known issue, the fact you are not able to use teleport is something new, thank you for the report again

Just to clarify, did you try to rotate your ship to lets say South or South-West? Both reports you've sent, your course is straight North, try to rotate and see if the shallow ahead is gone and you can sail away

Ok, I recreated my character to see if issue was just on that one, I did a few days of mission and when I went to undock, same thing I'm not outside the port I was in.

Actually in same spot as old char was.

I have tried turning at zero speed and at each level of speed up and ship does not move in any direction.

I have had quite a few ships pass me, I tried to talk to some but no one answers, One went right through me as well if that happens or not I don't know.

It does look as if the ship is higher in the water as well.

Edited by PugStalker

On the PVE server

If a bot attack you other player can join the bot againt you and create PVP battle

this happen 1 time to me and many time to some of my friend today

Are you sure you are on PVE server and a bot attacks you? They shouldn't

Anyway, F11 to report the bug if you see something is wrong

Are you sure you are on PVE server and a bot attacks you? They shouldn't

Anyway, F11 to report the bug if you see something is wrong

Yes on "PVE " server i play just on it since the Wipe

And you can ask many people some rare bot fleet engage you (when they target you . they follow you to the end of the world. "LOL")

and when they have started a combat with you all player who enter the combat join the bot fleet againts you

if you or some dev have the stats of the PVE server from the last 2 day they will surely see some pvp kill on the PVE server

next time it happen to me i will report it using f11

Carpe Diem

Vander Mitch

<<C'est pas l'Homme qui prend la mer , c'est la mer qui prend l'Homme.... !>>  - Renaud

Hi Devs,

i want to report a problem with our Capture Window on USA. 

They're all at 04 - 06 Server Time and in EU Time its not possible to defend them,because all Players are sleeping.

All other Nations have the Capture Window at 18-20 Server Time.

I think you need to fix the Capture Window so we have all the same chances.

Joe Lovet

post-19381-0-53348100-1455255852_thumb.jpg

the issue that I am having is that it seems every 5-10minutes ,my chat drops and if I am in a group the rest of them show me as offline.  i am still in game can engage in battles/dock/buy and sell port and I can see other players and they can see me, but for everyone i show up as offline

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't seen anyone with this issue so I thought I would bring it up here. I have had this happen to me several times; I can go from port to OW and there is no ship, or coming out of a battle into OW and there is no ship or from OW into port and there is a blank page. The only way to go back to where I left off is to restart the game. Sometimes it takes a couple of restarts to pick up where I left off. I have excepted this once in a while but find that nearly every time I am online now, this happens at least once.I have done the F11 a number of times (not every time as I got tired of issuing report after report). Basically is I go swimming a lot in the game as I travel into the OW from port or battle. I am in the water but there is no ship. I am just glad we are in the Caribbean where the water is warm and not in the north Atlantic, LOL.

I haven't seen anyone with this issue so I thought I would bring it up here. I have had this happen to me several times; I can go from port to OW and there is no ship, or coming out of a battle into OW and there is no ship or from OW into port and there is a blank page. The only way to go back to where I left off is to restart the game. Sometimes it takes a couple of restarts to pick up where I left off. I have excepted this once in a while but find that nearly every time I am online now, this happens at least once.I have done the F11 a number of times (not every time as I got tired of issuing report after report). Basically is I go swimming a lot in the game as I travel into the OW from port or battle. I am in the water but there is no ship. I am just glad we are in the Caribbean where the water is warm and not in the north Atlantic, LOL.

Captain, there could be a couple of reasons for the issue,

1) please, check the general workaround for connection issues:

Please check that router/software is not blocking ports 7770, 8089, 5672, 5222, 8080, 21020-21036, 7401-7600 for the game, also turn off all programs which use internet heavily (like torrent programs, netflix clients), disable antivirus, turn off k9 web protection filter or similar to that filters, also, you can try to put your router into DMZ mode

2) Also, there were cases when updating GPU drivers and / or turning graphics to lowest settings on first launching and then turn it back

While in a PvE admiralty mission the game first froze so my ship couldnt repesond to my keyboard then booted me off line. I logged right back in but by the time I was able to, the AI pirate had hulled me and I was nearly sunk. Previously if I lost a fight on an Admiralty mission I got my ship back, but this time I lost a nicely upgraded brig completely and all upgrades to it. I wasnt the only one either as another player chimed in on the help channel that he had the same thing happen at the same time as myself. 20 mins later we get a notice that servers will be down for upgrade and to log out.  Is there anyway to get my brig back, or is it just gobbled up? Not very thrilled about this happening!

While in a PvE admiralty mission the game first froze so my ship couldnt repesond to my keyboard then booted me off line. I logged right back in but by the time I was able to, the AI pirate had hulled me and I was nearly sunk. Previously if I lost a fight on an Admiralty mission I got my ship back, but this time I lost a nicely upgraded brig completely and all upgrades to it. I wasnt the only one either as another player chimed in on the help channel that he had the same thing happen at the same time as myself. 20 mins later we get a notice that servers will be down for upgrade and to log out.  Is there anyway to get my brig back, or is it just gobbled up? Not very thrilled about this happening!

Captain, in general it is useful to also send connection test report (4-th option in Steam Launcher) once the issue happens. It seems that the previous cases you didn't lose the ship is due to durability system, you have 5 durabilities on a brig, the ship is gone once all 5 durabilites are gone as well.

Regarding durability loss, as it has already been said here on the forums, the problem is not in reimbursements itself - we will gladly recover the items if it was our fault. 

The problem is potential for abuse and a lot of manual work to do so - which slows the development during early access. We are in the process to figure out the official position and efficient process to do so. Please hold on.

Land disappeared today on PVE. 4 days sailing NW/W from Misteriosa....nothing.....just empty ocean. And yes I checked the heading.

Did you send a report through F11? Also, just to clarify, have you changed land graphic settings?

Captain, according to the report, by the time of report, you entered Gulf of Mexico, East from Alacranes. Most likely you have plotted a bit inaccurate course and missed both Cuba coast on the East and Tumbado and rest two ports on the West, passed between them.

I have no doubt you are right when you tell me where I wound up but if you sail west by northwest from misteriosa towards Tulum......well......you have to hit something. I didn't and I checked the heading many times. Even Northwest you should see something! It's a trip I have made many times and I checked the heading......more than once. Something happened. I didn't hit land and I must have. Did the Bermuda Triangle move?

Hi,

i have problems with the FPS since the last two days:

The FPS doesnt get higher than 4 no matter which graphic options/quality i choose.

Before that i always had an FPS of 15-18. Not the best but playable. Can something be done there?

PC-specs:

i7 3610QM

nVidia Geforce 640M

16 GB RAM

The temeratures are also quite low.

Greetings and thanks for your help

Edited by ditsch