Game-Labs Forum

French Frigate L'Hermione

PIerrick de Badas

Also Surcouf, do you know any people currently on board? I desperately want to go climb a mast when Hermione comes to Castine. It's a tiny fishing village with nothing but a maritime academy, and there won't be as many prying eyes. :ph34r:

I know a girl but she landed in Las Palmas. I see also in two weeks. Last weekend, I sail with a man who will join the frigate for his American tour. Apart from these two, I do not know anyone else.

Anyway all the stops on the frigate nobody will have the right to mount the masts. The visit of the Hermione will only be on forecastel and quater deck and battery deck.

Surcouf, do you know if detailed ship's logs are being kept? The ship's length with position and weather data should really be made public at the end of the crossing. It's a historical document in its own right.

By the way, when today blog refers to a 'grain,' do they mean squall? GoogleTranslate is terrible with nautical terms.

By the way, when today blog refers to a 'grain,' do they mean squall? GoogleTranslate is terrible with nautical terms.

I think so. Saw that in my french-english dictionary. But I'm not bilingual.  ;)

By the way, Wikipedia uses the same definition for grain and squall :  "sudden, sharp increase in wind speed which is usually associated with active weather, such as rain showers, thunderstorms, or heavy snow." 

Edited by LeBoiteux

It's the preventer or "spring" stay for the fore.  slightly smaller diameter than the forestay.  There is a lot of safety and redundancy built in to this era of rigging, every stay usually has a preventer stay in place in case one fails or is shot away in action.  

She logged over 11.2 knots the other day :)

And over 12 during her initial sea trials.

Interesting that the map doesn't reflect those speeds. We must be looking at a fairly broad average speed, but with the none-to-flexible tracking software, it's hard to chart it all out.

Earth, earth! captain!!

L'Hermione arrived on the coasts of Virginia Sunday lunchtime. After an anchorage near island of , she is about to join Norfolk for a technical stop (customs formalities, dump the galley, food, ...).

Tuesday, l'Hermione has an appointment at 10am with a destroyer of the US Navy to pay tribute to sailors lost in the battle of the capes, off Yorktown.

Since the island of Aix, the frigate has traveled 5,297 miles! L'Hermione is expected at Yorktown on June 5.

Hello Americans friends!!!

:)  :)  :) :)  

• Like 3