Game-Labs Forum

FAQ - The 'Open World'

Flip

They said that next week people who got to Santisima Trinidad during the trials will be invited to open world testing. My question: Will people be allowed to stream open world and make videos on Twitch and Youtube or will the game be under that protection that I cant remember the name off?

NDA: Non Disclosure Agreement.

I'd expect that once all the Alpha testers are invited they'd likely relax any NDA in place. Just speculation though.

NDA: Non Disclosure Agreement.

I'd expect that once all the Alpha testers are invited they'd likely relax any NDA in place. Just speculation though.

i agree that when we are all in o.s. the nda would be relaxed so we can comment on the forum

Just out of curiosity, has anyone visited any of the following listed Pirate strongholds? if so, do they have museums, bars, original houses etc; all based on when they were Pirate strongholds? there must be at least one place in the Caribbean that would be great to visit to see artifacts etc; from the period?

Pirates by their very nature don't build or organize any lasting legacy. Why would anything remain from the brief tenure of a few hundred men on a beach? They weren't any different from the rest of the seafaring, beachcombing population in any archeologically noticeable way. So I imagine there's nothing but hokey tourist traps.

What does it mean when you win loot to "send it to chat"? The only other choice seems to be "destroy" it - which seems bad. :(

Edit: I figured out - you drag it and drop it into your hold, or module area and then change to equipment view and "mount" it - sort of DOS like

So I logged into NA today after about a month off (playing sea trials with 30 ppl on for weeks gets boring after a while), and then saw a big pop up with a code for OW invite and got giddy.  I was kind of confused though, because I maybe check once a week on the main page blog for info about OW invites for current testers, and was surprised to still see nothing.

HINT: You might want to make some kind of announcement or email testers saying OW invites are going out.

Also can someone link where it says OW is under NDA?  I've seen ppl streaming it already.  Are we really not supposed to be posting pictures?  I hope they get skirmish mode back up pretty soon as well, I haven't really tested out damage model 4.0 yet, but I'm not gonna keep swapping game versions just to do it.

Edited by Booyaah

So I logged into NA today after about a month off (playing sea trials with 30 ppl on for weeks gets boring after a while), and then saw a big pop up with a code for OW invite and got giddy.  I was kind of confused though, because I maybe check once a week on the main page blog for info about OW invites for current testers, and was surprised to still see nothing.

HINT: You might want to make some kind of announcement or email testers saying OW invites are going out.

Also can someone link where it says OW is under NDA?  I've seen ppl streaming it already.  Are we really not supposed to be posting pictures?  I hope they get skirmish mode back up pretty soon as well, I haven't really tested out damage model 4.0 yet, but I'm not gonna keep swapping game versions just to do it.

Agree on the announcement/email stuff.

- It's stickied in this very subforum. GO FIND IT YOURSELF YOU LAZY DOG!... (Just kidding, here mate; Open World NDA) ;) 

If you can find hard facts about them I will gladly include them. Just post them here.

We were talking about day/night mechanics in-game today.  8 sec real time ~ 10 min of game time.  Extrapolated out that makes 1 day in-game ~ 20 minutes of real time.

Guys my excuses if this has been answered already somewhere, but I could not find any answer in the forums so far:

So I had my first round in OW yesterday (great work!), creating an account with a neutral nation to check out the new environment.

Starting with 0 gold, I understand you have to buy extra cannons from the money you made from captured ships. And looking at my equipment, I also got one cannon, so it seems at least in theory I can fire.

But in reality, I cannot fire the gun. Maybe it has to do something with the accelerated time setting, but maybe its also a bug.

There is a lot of writing about battles, boarding and other fighting between players or against the AI, so it must work with other players

I also assinged new input commands, but that didn´t change a thing.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Many thanks in advance for any help :wub:

Edited by Naxos

You cant use Cannon in OW,you need to initiate a "Combat Instance",you do this by clicking on a ship you see,the hit the Hail tab.If you want to attack the unit then close the distance and hit the spacebar,you will then go to what amounts to what you had in Sea Trials(minus islands and lighthouses),there you get to fire your cannon!FYI the Lynx can now use 6 Pdr csnnons.

• Like 1

You cant use Cannon in OW,you need to initiate a "Combat Instance",you do this by clicking on a ship you see,the hit the Hail tab.If you want to attack the unit then close the distance and hit the spacebar,you will then go to what amounts to what you had in Sea Trials(minus islands and lighthouses),there you get to fire your cannon!FYI the Lynx can now use 6 Pdr csnnons.

perfect mate, thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So if I'm alone with a friendly ship and I decide I want their stuff I'm suddenly KoS to everyone in the world after I sink them?  :mellow:

ye may cut the throats of the crew on the friendly ship, mate, but ye can't do the same to yer own and someone will talk about it before long ;)

Edited by Hugo Leopard