Game-Labs Forum

Diplomacy between nations

If someone already knows any info about Diplomacy in NA please share it.

I was thinking about a simple and effective way for players to be able to vote all together as a nation rather than maybe just one person calling them out.

You go to your Nations town (e.g Charles Town for US) and you visit "The Governors Palace". There you can open maybe bounties or rewards for missions etc and there you will have "Diplomatic Relation (for example ofcourse). Members of the of the said Nation will vote from polls created via other Players (Preferably High ranked/Game masters will be the only ones who can suggest Vote Polls for Military/Trading topics). 

Simple but it can be interesting and immersive. Having the feel that you are apart of something big.

Cheers

• Like 1

Some day in the future.

In the prototype you will be at war with all nations

You will be able to talk to other nations though for testing purposes

At a later stage you won't be able to talk to other nations (significantly reducing ability to spoil your experience by negativity in chat)

• Like 3

Some day in the future.

In the prototype you will be at war with all nations

You will be able to talk to other nations though for testing purposes

At a later stage you won't be able to talk to other nations (significantly reducing ability to spoil your experience by negativity in chat)

Great to hear. Cant wait :)

Diplomacy in potbs was in its heyday when Ubert Le Danois (Niklas Nikolajsen) was Viceroy for France. It played a significant role in balancing the game for nations that were under populated and made rvr greatly more interesting. I do hope there will be a mechanism for diplomacy (politics) between nations at some point in NA. For that to happen there needs to be a mechanism for politics within a nation, as well. Food for thought I hope.

• Like 1

Diplomacy in potbs was in its heyday when Ubert Le Danois (Niklas Nikolajsen) was Viceroy for France. It played a significant role in balancing the game for nations that were under populated and made rvr greatly more interesting. I do hope there will be a mechanism for diplomacy (politics) between nations at some point in NA. For that to happen there needs to be a mechanism for politics within a nation, as well. Food for thought I hope.

That was what made France really good in that game.  A tight community who worked together, govern by a leader who had the assistance of the soc-leaders on the French side. 

The mix of strategy, diplomatic relations and epic RP of the leaders was something that was quite unique for that game and i hope it can move on to Naval Action.