Nation: Denmark

No RP (Role Play)

No ranks, only a chain of command system

No brownie badges

No care bears 

OS PvP ONLY (Open Sea)

BASE REQUIREMENTS

Own a microphone

Must be of a reasonable age (not a squeaker at minimum)

Must have a desire to learn Naval Action's Meta game

Must hold one's self to a standard of skill. 

Must hold one's self to a standard respect to those who reciprocate 

Any nationalities and time zone accepted as long as you can understand written and spoken English.

Understand upon joining if you do not follow through with learning you will be purged out of this organization with anyone else who refuses. 

GOALS

To teach people the skills necessary to hunt and survive on the OS

To have every member at a level of standardization 

To take as many prizes on the OS 

BENEFITS

Be taught and tutored the Meta Game of Naval Action (dueling/group fighting) on a regular basis by myself and others at flexible hours

Be apart of an organization that is constantly examining Naval Action's meta game and contributing too it

Be apart of an organization dedicated to the art of the duel and group fight

Be apart of an organization forever free of internal political drama

Be apart of a true meritocracy; you want a position of leadership then you must earn it through skill and show competency in technical knowledge required. 

Be apart of an organization with proper lines of communication and chains of command in group fights

Don't want to group fight? No problem, learn to duel and wreck people in OS 1v1s

Don't have a lot of time? No problem, as long as you put forth the effort to learn while you play then that is all I ever can ask of you. 

Plunder and pillage with us

If you are interested in joining add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014028214

napsig2_zpsnjcahdct.jpeg

Current roster: 17 members, two considered "proficient"  with 15 in training. 15 European/ 3 Continental US time zones

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MrDoransRakers

Edited by Mr. Doran
  • Like 6

In all seriousness, pirate actually makes a lot of sense for this crew. Nothing more challenging and underdog than going pirate, and it will be all pvp and not all the other stuff...

excellent observation and spot on. With the restricted constraints noted going anything but Pirate is counter to that PvP only limiter.

• Like 1

excellent observation and spot on. With the restricted constraints noted going anything but Pirate is counter to that PvP only limiter.

In all seriousness, pirate actually makes a lot of sense for this crew. Nothing more challenging and underdog than going pirate, and it will be all pvp and not all the other stuff...

Privateer'ing is legalized piracy :PP. It has already been plan B if privateering as a Nat dose not suite our goals and if going the full pirate (which mind you, you never go full pirate) is an actual possibility when it comes to sustaining the maintenance cost  of a heavy frigate or to crew said frigate if these are even going to be boundaries of play with similar speculated requirements for privateering as well . As a Nat we at least have the security to know we are actually going to be able to sustain or even use our preferred ships while murdering peoples crews but with the possibility we will not be privateers but have to join up with the admiralty as NO's.

There is always the danger if these 'Privateers' get too big for their boots, affect free trade and generally make themselves a nuisance, an unholy alliance could form to clean up these waters!!!!

Imagine the possibility of a Franco, British, US alliance. 

I'm sure I will be mercilessly hunted down regardless of what I choose to do :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In light of these most recent developments, you'll all be glad to hear that Doran has now been appointed to the most honourable role of Rakers Cultural Attache, due to his extensive PR skills.

Edited by M G
  • Like 8

In light of the somewhat negative post, I would like to wish the rakers many happy jorneys and battles in a different part of the open water to me....

I actually like the fact Dorans Rakers are clear in their intentions. I think there is a great deal of honor seeking out duels. As this is the stated aim of the guild, it means you know that in open world, you need to be prepared if you meet Mr Doran, MG, SCL, Balck or any other members. Don't say they haven't warned you.

• Like 1

I have received, by way of a rather enthusiastic young chap called Claude, using his so called "Napoleonic semaphore", (what ever damned infernal witchcraft that involves), a signal that bears the marque of our very own, and generally well-beloved, Mr Doran.

Unfortunately, the signalling system is still, it appears, in its infancy. I can only presume that the correct format and content of the aforementioned signal has been lost in translation. The signal officer, a Mr Murray, has been duly flogged as he has been found somewhat remiss of his responsibilities.

I have attempted, poorly, to complete and surmise that to which I can only guess. 

Any instances of personal input have been written in an italic font, and as such I cannot be accused of any wrongdoing. I accept no responsibility here whatsoever: notwithstanding where I have amended the original for comical affect.

Here is the appended, for your perusal, said signal. 

"My dearest Foggers,

I appear to have mislaid my chicken.

I was under the impression that the last time I looked, it was on the end of my hand.

If by happenstance you come upon said chicken, do so wipe it off, then understand that my fish is of the utmost loneliness without it. 

Love, hugs and kisses, your darling of the gutter press, and somewhat wayward lad,

Doran.

• Like 3

I spoke to the entire ships crew it appears the chicken is gone for ever. Stolen, eaten by the crew or thrown overboard to the dark abyss of the locker we shall never know.

Edited by SCL

I spoke to the entire ships crew it appears the chicken is gone for ever. Stolen, eaten by the crew or thrown overboard to the dark abyss of the locker we shall never know.

For the love of all things beautiful, do not, under any circumstances, tell Doran.

He was, afterall, becoming somewhat *attached* to said chicken. 

We'll just have to to tell him that there's more poultry in the sea..............although it is rather fowl.......

He will receive this news with a considerable and understandable amount of umbrage. 

May I be so bold as to suggest we baton down the hatches?

Edited by M G
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

While you were out. The Blue popped by to say "hi!"

1XScreen_06-06-2015_22-12-18_zpswczdyu0x

I was sleeping peacefully when I heard an awful racket outside. I looked out the window and saw a fleet of ships outside the port! meh the swedes will go get them in the morning. 'goes back to sleep'

I was sleeping peacefully when I heard an awful racket outside. I looked out the window and saw a fleet of ships outside the port! meh the swedes will go get them in the morning. 'goes back to sleep'

You know the punishment for sleeping on the job!

Articles of War 1757:

26: No person in or belonging to the fleet shall sleep upon his watch, or negligently perform the duty imposed on him, or forsake his station, upon pain of death, or such other punishment as a court martial shall think fit to impose, and as the circumstances of the case shall require.

I know it's British but surely Sweden follow the same professional Codes of Conduct? I mean, if no rules apply then a fleet merely turns into a rabble, no better than the scoundrels of the sea 'Pirates' ? ;)

• Like 1