Game-Labs Forum

HMS Henry 3-2nd rate, 1656-1677

Ned Loe

HMS Henry

Dunbar was a 64-gun second rate ship of the line of the English Royal Navy, originally built for the navy of the Commonwealth of England at Deptford, and launched in 1656.

After the Restoration of the monarchy in 1660, she was renamed HMS Henry. By 1677 her armament had been increased to 82 guns. Henry was accidentally burnt in 1682.

px6182.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

I am the artist (Ari Saarinen) that drew the Henry that has been posted, illegally, and without permission on your site. When discussing the Dunbar (Henry), besides using someone else's artwork without prior consent, why put up the London (by Willem van de Velde de Oude) to illustrate the Dunbar/Henry?

I ask the moderators to take my drawing down ASAP! Thank you. - And, lest anyone should ever be in doubt, it was not called HMS Henry! That prefix was not in usage until the mid-1750s!

10 hours ago, Bezobrazov said:

I am the artist (Ari Saarinen) that drew the Henry that has been posted, illegally, and without permission on your site. When discussing the Dunbar (Henry), besides using someone else's artwork without prior consent, why put up the London (by Willem van de Velde de Oude) to illustrate the Dunbar/Henry?

I ask the moderators to take my drawing down ASAP! Thank you. - And, lest anyone should ever be in doubt, it was not called HMS Henry! That prefix was not in usage until the mid-1750s!

Zapped.

It was a very nice drawing. Where can it be found with your permission? In a certain book or on a website?