Game-Labs Forum

Ive had some thoughts about the implementation of ranks and titles. Pretty much all mmo type games have a system, so why not have two titles.

Where I'm going with this is the first title is the rank, be it military e.g. Admiral or midshipman, or civilian e.g. investor or chairman.

The second is the title. Everyone gets to use master and mister if they so choose, but a rewards for significant contribution to the war effort, you can earn a knighthood, or other lordly titles.

The rank dictates the maximum level ship you can captain up to third rate. A knighthood is required to allow you to raise your flag on a 2nd or 1st rate.

What do you think?

Edited by Sir Darric Vandhelm
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I think it would be cool to have titles that you gain from ranks that are like they were in PotBS, in which you can choose to have the title applied or not.  My rank in TDA is Captain.  If I get the ingame rank of Admiral, instead of having Admiral be my title I would select my previous gained title of "Captain" to match my society rank.

edit:  Also, I think this was talking about In Game Titles for your character and not the forum

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1

Ooooops, Prater I do believe you are correct. My most sincere apologies to Sir Vandhelm. I have removed my post.

Having re-read the post, I quite like the idea.

Prater is correct, indeed I was discussing in game ranks. that would explain not being able to find a similar thread as we were talk across purposes.

I think prater raises an equally valid point about society rank. Maybe we should have the option to display this instead of other ranks (navy/trade etc...)? I know in the games I have been guild affiliated, I would have liked this rank, which is awarded by my peers displayed, rather than one created by the game because I sunk a 1000 npc generic ships.

Edited by Sir Darric Vandhelm