Game-Labs Forum

change aim point?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Change gun sight to show when doubles are loaded?

• Sure, I would love to know
    • Nope, like it just as it is
    • What is a gun sight?

IRL - a captain would have a mate or a midshipman or a lieutenant available to remind him "Sir, we have double shot loaded on the port side - that ship is out of range"

That could be emulated easily by changing the aim point (the red aiming bar in firing view) from a single line to a double line when doubles are loaded on that side.

It would help me.

• Like 1

I voted no change because I think as Captains we should know what shot we had ordered loaded. I doubt very much that lieutenants were whispering in the ears of their Captains about what shot was loaded irl. That being said, i guess I could care less if NA applies Amps idea, but I do think its an unneeded crutch.

• Like 1

The current spread is fine, vertical angle should be shown next to the guns that are being aimed and the player should do the rest. For example it should say 3.5 degrees when the guns are up by 3.5 degrees as real sailors did use proper degree measure to put blocks under the guns and levers for elevation at range (they didn't just fire blind), however the blocks and levers were not accurate.

If your memory isn;t what it used to be, All you have to do is mouse scroll wheel out and back in again in a 10th of a second to remind yourself what ammo is loaded where. Also just fire a ranging shot you will soon work out what is in there.

• 4 months later...

maybe an angle gauge to give you a reference point when aiming? For example firing a test shot at 20 degrees upward, and looking through your glass to watch for impact. If you had a number to go off of you could revert back to 20 degrees for your broadside.

Also, Im a noob at this game so if that is already a feature i havent found yet please let me know.