Game-Labs Forum

Commodore Marlowe's Tutorial Series

Shameless self promotion here, feel bad but I have been working on a series of tutorial videos based on the style of an in-game tutorial. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi0ZfJEMVUD0ro3bI4c2bi6YgSYfJKfpu

Currently there are 5 tutorials including... Ship anatomy, controls and gui, tacking, polars and rigging and ship identification. Although i'm not sure what to work on next. I have been reading Mr. Doran's treatise and I think a video based on it would be good however its very dense and hard reading. Have you guys any ideas what tutorials could be included next?

• Like 11

If you sit with him, you might cover energy conservation (preserving speed during turns), as well as use of battle sails when turning.

Energy conservation is general enough to apply always, the battle sails might be duel oriented...

Further on duels, a general synopsis on the goal of the duel, breaking the DPS deadlock, and importance of wind. If prob not go much further there, and break it up.

Edited by Grim DeGrim
  • Like 1

I like the idea, the concept, and all of it... except the accent you put on for the NA tutorial compared to the ED video you did. Makes it feel.. gimmicky, I would say redo it with your normal voice and boom 10/10.

• 2 months later...