Game-Labs Forum

Shadowplay not working

IIN8II

Open GEforce experience, preferences tab, shadowplay, and under the image of the monitor there is a checkbox "allow desktop capture".

Any idea why the desktop capture box might be grayed out?

EDIT: SOLUTION Never mind - see the following post

Yes, windowed NA, and select "Allow Desktop Capture", which may be inactive (greyed) if Windows desktop is not in Aero mode.

Thanks, that did the trick.

• 5 weeks later...

Revision to the previous post - The fix works IFF:

1) Windows is in Aero mode,

2) NA is in windowed mode,

3) ShadowPlay option "Allow Desktop Capture" is checked, AND

4) You have Naval action playing on your default desktop monitor.

If you are running multiple monitors it seems the use of Shadowplay is VERY narrowly restricted.

Since Action started giving me skips during playback after one of their patches (known issue they ignore) I switched to shadowplay, it works flawlessly and allows me to record 1080p60fps with less fuss than Action did anyway, I'm very happy with it. Glad you got it figured out LTC.

• 1 year later...

Thanks, but… got that fer Windows X marks the spot? Er… I mean… Winblows 10?

Aero was introduced in windows vista(i believe) but was later removed in windows 8 for the more "modern" look, you wont find aero for windows 8, 8.1 or 10

Dear Devs... My Nvidia 960m works perfectly recording every game, but will not work in Naval Action. What can I do?

Please hurry, this is the ONE game i WANT to stream!

I assume you are using shadowplay right? if you can(just a heads up, never used shadowplay extensively) could you do so that it records a screen/desktop rather than a game?

I assume you are using shadowplay right? if you can(just a heads up, never used shadowplay extensively) could you do so that it records a screen/desktop rather than a game?

Doesn't work in Naval Action at all… Which is exactly what i want to lifestream!  :wacko:

Doesn't work in Naval Action at all… Which is exactly what i want to lifestream!  :wacko:

Well honestly what i would reccomend is that you use OBS, i personally cant help with Shadowplay at least since i use an AMD system

• Like 1

Pagan Pete, no idea if it will help but issues with Shadow Play are reported with anything above 1080.

Also recording must be entire screen device ( will also record any alt tabs and so forth ofc )