Game-Labs Forum

'San Felipe' Spanish 1st rate, 1690 (With Plans)

Ned Loe

I am sorry. I just can't see the beauty of these older ships. Can someone try to explain it to me please?

I particularly dislike their angularness, height of the stern, clumsy looking short bowsprit and the unnecessary flair overall.

I am sorry. I just can't see the beauty of these older ships. Can someone try to explain it to me please?

I particularly dislike their angularness, height of the stern, clumsy looking short bowsprit and the unnecessary flair overall.

Well, It's just a matter of taste... I do prefer XVII-mid XVIIIth century ships, especially because of their decoration and sculptures.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Jimmyborofan said:

@Ned Lowe.

Ned I know this post is old but I would love to use the plans of the San Filipe to build a VR Model.  I would also like to credit you, or the source of them.  Do I have your permission to use these plans for the model? I dont wish to assume that just because they are visible on the forum, there is no licence attached :)

Go ahead. Ned is my old Forum Name. Credits in PM. ;)

Here is a full plan package with high res :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jzgEYsmPvV4QWFTWG89O2-hEJtz13Qmo/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Wind