Game-Labs Forum

Noske Løve 3rd rate, 1765 (With Plans)

The NORSKE LOEVE was built in 1765 by the Nyholm shipyard, close to Copenhagen. The ship was named after the Norwegian Lion and the Danish-Norwegian Imperial Coat of Arms. There was a crew of 667 men and an armament of 70 iron cannons, with 26 cannons 24 pd. on the lower deck, 26 cannons 18 pd. on the middle deck and 18 cannons 8 pd. on the upper deck. All ornaments, made by the sculptor C. Moellerup, were reminders of Norway. On the transom there is a fisherman and a farmer, symbolizing the most important trades of Norway, agriculture and fishing.

Construc. No. 37   Name: NORSKE LØVE Type: Ship-of-the-Line Naval Architect: Knud N. Benstrup Weight: 1176¼ læsts Armament: 70 cannon – 24 pdr. in the main battery Dimensions: Length – 164′ Beam – 44′ 6″ Draft – 18′ (fore), 20′ (aft) Construction Dates: Keel Laid – May 17, 1734, Launched – February 9, 1735 Crew:   Out of Service: 1764

post-11446-0-11077300-1425315028_thumb.jpg

post-11446-0-02060900-1425315037_thumb.jpg

post-11446-0-58919800-1425315084_thumb.jpg

Edited by Michelangelo
  • Like 10

Hate to keep repeating myself but like this ship too.  I also like the fact this ship is Danish-Norwegian instead of English, French or Spanish.  I think it they included enough of these minor faction ships in game, I might not sail a single British, French of Spanish ship.

I love that ship!

That model is totally wrong though, or it's a model of an older ship with the same name (there was one from the 1600's too). There used to be a great model of Den Norske Løve at my local library, but it got removed many years ago.

na its the quality of the model we got an golden hind modell at out watersportclub and if the name wouldnt be on her i wouldnt be able to tell what she is.

Well that's all i could find there where other models did like the ones painted black but the green was used by the danish navy at the time

Norske Løve blueprints can be found on the Orlogsbaden website.  However, in a strange twist the older 1734 prints are the more complete set compared to the other Norske Løve from 1764.

Would be nice to get them then maybe the Norske Løve would have a chance to get voted and built again and if it is the older model who cares :)

• 2 weeks later...

Found blueprints!

j9FkFIY.jpgJ6rlGCN.jpg

QCaSYFi.jpg

yQ1kF2d.jpg

XlglEky.jpg

opP1Vgn.jpg

tkbzcf9.jpg

Build thread:

http://www.shipmodeling.ru/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=71160

More history:

The NORSKE LOEVE was built in 1765 by the Nyholm shipyard, close to Copenhagen. The ship was named after the Norwegian Lion and the Danish-Norwegian Imperial Coat of Arms. There was a crew of 667 men and an armament of 70 iron cannons, with 26 cannons 24 pd. on the lower deck, 26 cannons 18 pd. on the middle deck and 18 cannons 8 pd. on the upper deck. All ornaments, made by the sculptor C. Moellerup, were reminders of Norway. On the transom there is a fisherman and a farmer, symbolizing the most important trades of Norway, agriculture and fishing.

The Norske Loeve was used as a guard ship in the Oeresund and other Danish waters. In 1795, after having been stripped into a block ship, she was used to give shelter for homeless families after the fire in Copenhagen the same year. In 1798 she was deleted from the naval register.

Models:

0dfZvsz.jpg

3X8rgWi.jpg

XRQTTtZ.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...