Game-Labs Forum
admin

Open world - Beautiful places

Brigand    762

It is available only to select testers.

Let's elaborate on this a bit.

The open world is not stable enough yet. Yet, some people do have access to it.

Those are the people who have been with the Naval Action from the very beginning and have been testing the game early on. This testing phase happened before the preorder was even available, before Steam Greenlight, before the testing could be considered a game. The ones that have provided lots of feedback, contended with frequent crashes unpolished interfaces missing buttons multiple resets of any 'progress' per week, etc. etc. In other words: the ones who did the earliest testing.

Some of these people have been 'awarded' with very early access to the open world. Where they again pave the way for more people to come in.

~Brigand

Poyraz    129

The size of the open world looks very satisfactory.

However, from the look of the pictures in this thread, I think the scale of the wave patterns on the sea is somewhat too big in comparison to the ship size and mainland elements like trees, shores etc...

Im loving the Screenshots, But i have to say why the non iclusion of the ports as seen from the sea / Docked, Is it because they still under NDA??

I personnaly cant wait to see some screenies with the ports and docksides in.

Plus if im really good, can i have OW acess??? :D

I will personally mail Doughnuts everyday..... the special choclate ones with many sprinkles  ^_^

slik    702

I'm not very good at making screenshots, but here are some. This is Hispaniola, if I remember correct.

original.jpeg

original.jpeg

original.jpeg

original.jpeg

original.jpeg

nornica    245

I love to see those bright, sunny screens.
It was one of my "problems" about Open World, that it mostly looked dull and grey. Nice to see it's not all.

Johny Reb    1,255

Let's elaborate on this a bit.

The open world is not stable enough yet. Yet, some people do have access to it.

Those are the people who have been with the Naval Action from the very beginning and have been testing the game early on. This testing phase happened before the preorder was even available, before Steam Greenlight, before the testing could be considered a game. The ones that have provided lots of feedback, contended with frequent crashes unpolished interfaces missing buttons multiple resets of any 'progress' per week, etc. etc. In other words: the ones who did the earliest testing.

Some of these people have been 'awarded' with very early access to the open world. Where they again pave the way for more people to come in.

~Brigand

Actually Brigand it looks like it has only been open to Moderators of the forums. Moderators are the only ones posting any pictures at least. I predate many of the people that are posting and have contributed more in these forums than some yet I received no invite. I think its just Moderators.

admin    28,086

Actually Brigand it looks like it has only been open to Moderators of the forums. Moderators are the only ones posting any pictures at least. I predate many of the people that are posting and have contributed more in these forums than some yet I received no invite. I think its just Moderators.

No-one is invited yet. Even veteran testers.

Moderators are serving as guinea pigs couple of patches. Then test will be rolled out to veteran testers and then to active sea trial players (Santisima owners first, all others second).

Johny Reb    1,255

No-one is invited yet. Even veteran testers.

Moderators are serving as guinea pigs couple of patches. Then test will be rolled out to veteran testers and then to active sea trial players (Santisima owners first, all others second).

I hope I didn't come across as upset about anything. I was just pointing out it looked like only moderators were in the open world. I was only upset in that I had considered applying to be a moderator and now for selfish reasons wish I had. :)

Domestikos    19

I assume that most players can be patient anyway. From all those screens it is obvious that it will be woth the wait.

Despite the nice pics we see, how's it going concerning the stability ?

Ned Loe    3,790

I assume that most players can be patient anyway. From all those screens it is obvious that it will be woth the wait.

Despite the nice pics we see, how's it going concerning the stability ?

I use R9 280x and it can run everything on ultra with 45fps, and 75 fps with antialasing turned off on 1920x1080. New video cards won't break the sweat. Game is very stable.