Game-Labs Forum

PC - Dynamic campaign in multiplayer?

Lumpy

First of all, congratulations on this new update. It immensely improves the gameplay and overall experience. I hope there is more to come!

One thing that I really miss though is the ability to play the dynamic campaign in multiplayer. As I understand it, the AI has to make choices as well between the engagements. So we basically already got the framework for a multiplayer campaign. Is there a special reason for it not being available right now? Can we hope it will be added one day?

Edited by Lumpy
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

So... is there no interest in this whatsoever? Also, I'd really like to know what Darth has to say about this. Is this planned for a future patch? Never going to happen? Just talk to me!

Since the decision room is already in the game, why can't we play the campaign in PvP?

Edited by Lumpy

Hi Lumpy,

It would be very good that we added it in the future but as it seems it is not going to happen, at least for Ultimate General: Gettysburg.

The reason is other development priorities.

shot through the heart ! I really expected that feature coming somewhere in the future. Especially because we have a prob with long time motivation. As fast as we gain new members we lose other ones. Really rare that u meet more than 14-15 players in the lobby. While the US is sleeping I even find myself almost alone in the lobby.

shot through the heart ! I really expected that feature coming somewhere in the future. Especially because we have a prob with long time motivation. As fast as we gain new members we lose other ones. Really rare that u meet more than 14-15 players in the lobby. While the US is sleeping I even find myself almost alone in the lobby.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed by this aswell, especially since being able to play the full dynamic campaign in MP was one of my main reasons to buy this game. But to be fair, this was never announced to be a feature. I kind of expected this to be a given, though. Maybe this can be implemented retroactively into UG: Gettysburg sometime in the future when their new game has such a feature.

Edited by Lumpy
  • Like 1

Super bummer. The only thing missing from this game is a multiplayer campaign with multiple player slots or a single instance, 3-4 day battle with mulitple player slots. I can't recommend this title or future ones until all my friends can play together. This is a great game otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm disappointed, but understand. UGG was a proof of concept for the studio, and it was a success. I got my money's worth, definitely.

I do want to see Gettysburg playable against a real opponent some day,  maybe it'll be when you make an overarching Civil War battles UG.

Any future titles should be multiplayer (campaign) capable from the go to gain my purchase, however, unless the format is otherwise shaken dramatically or there is a dramatic improvement in the AI (which is very good, but as we know, after a certain amount of hours of playtime there's a point where it can't match a competent player)

Hi Lumpy,

It would be very good that we added it in the future but as it seems it is not going to happen, at least for Ultimate General: Gettysburg.

The reason is other development priorities.

is there any way it could be added to multiplayer like the single player decisions? maybe the winner of the map gets to chose the next much like the decisions in the single player campaign?