Game-Labs Forum

double tap with manual sails

Hi,

maybe this subject is already been discussed, but lazy as I am, I didnt look back more than 2 pages :rolleyes:

When using rudder, a quick double tap on one of the rudder-keys will automatically steer the rudder to the far right/left accordingly.

When using manual sails this function doesnt work, shouldnt double tapping be a nice function to give sail commands more efficiently?

Like with the rudder, it can be used in a mix of the other ways to steer them.

Like I said: I'm lazy, and efficiency is the socially acceptable form of laziness :D

But also in those tense situations it can ease the workload and give you more time to focus on the fight.

soo, let me hear your thoughts 'bout this tweak...

THX for the great game sofar, keep it up lads!

Grtzz Bubbles

• Like 3

This is a functional idea but there are other discussions going on concerning the ability of controlling headsails and topsails on schooners and such with the idea that the double tap of the sails control would control the movements of those sails which would give us the ability to control them without complicating the UI or key bindings. Until we get a definitive answer from the devs if they plan on meeting our request for more sail control I'd like to hold off on your idea, as good as it is.

I originally liked this idea, too.

But When you have to constantly change the yards to match the perfect angle I am tapping all the time wich means I would always set them to the max in one or the other direction.

Maybe do a tripple tap or give us the option to disable the double tap.

I fear there could be a very thin line between "tap, tap, tap" and doubletap..

• 3 months later...