Game-Labs Forum

Sound of cannons firing bug

Liam

As of recently I've noticed a rather annoying bug. Generally after just starting the game, when I fire my first ranging shot, I'll hear what sounds like 6-12 cannons firing.

Confused as to whether all my cannons had fired off I go 3rd person and look around, but there's no excessive amount of smoke. I glanced down at my reload counter at the bottom of the screen, but it only showed one cannon fired. I even looked back toward my teammates, but there was no smoke from their ships either.

Usually this bug only happens at the very beginning of a game, or at least it's only noticeable at the the beginning. It could happen later, but due to the excessive amount of firing when combat gets close, it would be hard to tell the difference.

Has this happened to anyone else?

not so much that, but a delay between canons firing and the sound yes. for some reason it's happening more pronounced on the right hand side of my ships. and as of late noticing it the most in the Suprise.

fairly new to the constitution and got the same delay (i am using logitech g35 headphone)

I just played a game vs an AI (my santi vs Ai vic). My santi's guns sounded in time with the gun flashes and smoke, however the AI was firing and damaging me before the sounds reached me (he was within rock throwing distance of me). I'd say the delay is about 2 to 3 seconds. Just my observation.

This bug happened to be also, i was playing in my Snow and doing some long range shooting and after the first broadside every time after i shoot the broadside i hear the sound of my cannons shooting when they aren't shooting, i heard the sound of my cannons shooting right after i shoot all my cannons. This only happened once. The game was PVP Light. I had 6pd long loaded with ball.