Game-Labs Forum

Idea about ship loss and re-spawn at 24h battles

I got an idea for ship loss and re spawn in the big battle scenarios that they have hinted about. I think it is more fun if there is diversity with both big and small ships and also that there is some kind of mechanic that force people to think about risking their ship  ramming/etc. 

The idea is to give each player x amount of points to start with. Lets say you get 10 000 points. Then there is a cost for each ship. 

Lynx 0 points (you can always get a lynx no matter what) I wont list cost for all ships just examples.

Yacht 500 points

Surprise 8000 points

Bellona 15 000 Points

etc

Now at the start you choose what ship to buy. The points you don t spend will be saved for later. When on the seas you get points for capturing objects, damage, sinking ships etc that you can use when you re-spawn together with any saved up points to get a new ship. If you are out of points (you sink before dealing any damage/capturing anything, and you haven t saved any then you can always re spawn in a lynx)

Lets say I spend 8000 points on a surprise. Then I deal 6000 damage and capture a strategic point that give me 3000 points before sinking. Now I will have 9000 + 2000 points to get a new ship for when I res-pawn.

I think a system like this will give diversity on the field as well as rewarding taking care of your ship and players who charge in recklessly loosing the ship without having accomplished much will be forced to re spawn in a smaller vessel while those who do well will have points to get a bigger one.

What do you guys think?

Well, let me put it blundly: this is not going to happen.

In fact, I do not expect the development team to add any new features to the Sea Trials (arena battle mode) used for alpha testing the combat system anymore. Why? well, the Open World is their focus now. Once it is deemed stable enough, all testers will be transferred to the Open World testing. Once this happens, theSea Trials mode will be disbanded:

(...)

Sea trials will stay live during the whole process and will be disbanded after everyone is moved to the open world.

~Brigand

why you call it Arena Battle, you HAVE BATTLES in open world too, so if you are a ship of maybe Royal Navy how will you earn Honor to get higher ranking or thinks like that?

and the battles in Open World are pretty similar to the Arena Battles like they are ATM.

Fleet 1 spots Fleet 2

Fleet 1 chase Fleet 2

Fleet 1 Attacks Fleet 2

-TELEPORT TO BATTLE ARENA CIRCLE

Fleet 1 have to fight Fleet 2 in a Battle instance

The winner will get Loot, Honor and stuff like that...

after Battle leaving Instance and get back to sailing Open World till next event.

Edited by AtomicTiger

Well this was actually not regarding sea trials not Open world.. Its just that i remembered a post (cant remember where) stating they planned to introduce big 24h battles with re spawns.

Edited by -KM-

There are more tactical opportunities when there is no battle arena.

You can trap your enemy on a reef or to a gun emplacement. There are no fast reinforcements by teleport. Which is much more thrilling *heading under full sails towards the battle (will I get there in time)* Or sneak unseen in the middle of a convoy at night and capture a ship without a shot which is impossible with a battle arena.

That is what I think open pvp should be like.

• Like 1

There are more tactical opportunities when there is no battle arena.

You can trap your enemy on a reef or to a gun emplacement. There are no fast reinforcements by teleport. Which is much more thrilling *heading under full sails towards the battle (will I get there in time)* Or sneak unseen in the middle of a convoy at night and capture a ship without a shot which is impossible with a battle arena.

That is what I think open pvp should be like.

so you will need players all time around your self, very close. and the battle will run with x10 speed caused by the Open World speed.

Sounds pretty bad.