Game-Labs Forum

Poll of Current Suggestions!

571 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Whaling added to the game?

• Active feature that you can partake in?
    • Passive resource used in the economy
    • Not at all. Greenpeace has spoken.
  2. 2. Would you like to see drunk crews if you don't manage your crew properly?

3. 3. Would you like to see the feature - assist a sinking ship, implemented?

4. 4. Would you like to reduce the rate at which you can repair your ship at present?

5. 5. Would you like to see increased dispersion from long range broadsides to encourage closer fights?

6. 6. Would you like to see a preview of unlocked/locked ships in the main menu

7. 7. Would you like to see a Lookout feature implemented?

• A written warning on my screen that a sail has been sighted.
    • A call-out from one of my crew that a sail has been sighted
    • A written AND vocal warning
    • No, I like surprises.
  8. 8. Would you like a journal feature implemented?

9. 9. Would you to run aground every so often?

I don't understand why people prefers to encourage closer combat. I think it's good as it is.

Doing damage from closer distance is easy enough to make you get closer when you see it's necessary right now, and combat from longer range is not that easy to change it.

I personally think changing it for more closer combat would probably finish with cautious attacks for going more for brute force short range attacks finishing with an aboarding.

People seem to like more the brute force and things like in films where ships are close each other and fire all cannons and do a lot of damage, but I think it is cooler and funnier to damage fromt he distance and that is where the better player should get the advantage, not the one that has the better firepower and better hull.

Cause hitting from short distance is not hard.

Maybe I missunderstood the question.

Not a fan of the "Lookout warning".  I assume this is a que to you as the Captain that there has been a ship sighted in Open World.  Why not have the computer sail your ship too?

Pretty much removes any requirement for situational awareness.  You get the information and can immediately adjust.  Just my 2 cents.

You have hundreds of people on your ship. Are you saying the entire crew (some of whom will be lookouts) will just ignore any ships they spot, and wait for the captain to either turn around, or feel the broadside ripping through his ship?

You have hundreds of people on your ship. Are you saying the entire crew (some of whom will be lookouts) will just ignore any ships they spot, and wait for the captain to either turn around, or feel the broadside ripping through his ship?

Honestly, I think it'd be a great touch for immersion if I could be sailing along in the open world and suddenly hear someone yell "Deck there! Saaaaaiiiil ho!" as a ship is spotted on the horizon. Perhaps it could only work when the other ship was clearly visible, like in the open sea? That way, you'd still have to spot potential ambushes along coasts and such (for example, where an enemy ship is mostly hidden behind a spit of land) yourself; the computer wouldn't do that for you.

Edited by Arvenski
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think the issue now is that because of time compression, you would just have a sailor spamming "sail there on the horizon!" every 2 minutes. I was all for the idea, but after sailing in OW, I don't think it is viable anymore.  Plus despite time compression, sailing from port to port does still take a decent amount of time, scanning the horizon for sails is about the only pastime we get at present.

Edited by Richard Bolitho

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seriously, OP needs to put out.

Would you like to see drunk crews if you don't manage your crew properly?

What does this mean? How would crew management work? What work would be required to keep them happy to start with, even before we get to the point of asking what a drunk crew would mean in the game?

Would you like to see the feature - assist a sinking ship, implemented?

Does this mean to try to prevent a ship from sinking, or to help rescue its crew, and if I rescue a players crew, what'd that do?

Would you like to see increased dispersion from long range broadsides to encourage closer fights?

Is there any realism to this, or is it a pure gameplay-/balance-change?

Would you like a journal feature implemented?

What'd this do? A logbook with automated entries from when you enter/leave ports, trade, craft, do battle, sink ships, etc? Or would it do/offer something else?

Would you to run aground every so often?

What would this entail? What happens if I do? Can I get stuck, and in that case what'd you suggest happens? How complex should the concept be?

Edited by Inkompetent

Voted. My favourite out of these is the lookout feature. A lot of the time I'm not really constantly spinning my camera when I'm out in open water or I'm looking at the map or something. I'd like some sort of notification another ship is nearby.

• 2 weeks later...

The game doesnt need whales as a resource. And gathering altogether to kill innocent animals who cant kill back is unnecessary cruelty. Get some freakin tomato growing,  or peach hunting instead. 

Edited by sailNE

• 3 weeks later...

Thx for upcoming new patch. It wont be bad, but it has bad changes as many as good i think. I write down what i change if i were u.
1. You shouldnt let players capture AI ship over Belle Paul.
This game best part is PVP, and i liked the frigate fights most, from Cerberus to Belle Paul. I think most player does it too, while everybody want to get large rate ships aswell. Its so stupid thing, that u worked out these 5 th rate ships very well, but players can easily capture AI Constitusions and 3rd rates. It has no meaning to play with these ships after leveling. Port battles after a short early acses are filled with 3rd, nothing else, while it should be mostly 5th rate fight with some (not much) stronger ship atm. Im a master boarder, now my fleet looks like 5-10 capped Consti, 5-10 capped 3rd rate, depending how many i sell for money. Big rate fights just lost unique status, as they should be. Its easy for me to play, but not challenging with this fleet, and not that enjoyable as 5th rate fights. i dont have the goal to craft 3rd, or fight with frigates asweell. U should give us back these goals simultaneusly, but u can do only it if u dont let capture ai ships over 5th rate. Like if we cap it, admirality should get them automatically for the money they should be sold at NPC traders to streghten the National Home Fleet. Those ships can be captured make meaningless to craft lower ships with exceptional quality aswell. I have a new idea about capturing Constis and 3rd in misisions!! Make underdog status in National war system. The underdog nation should be wich Nation lost most of thier ports and they dont have like 15 ports. Now they should be Spanish. This Nation with underdog status should capture Constis and 3rds in missions to streghten the National Caribean fleet, till thier dont get back the certain port number. This change will make enjoyable low populated and weak Nations, as at time to time when they low on ports should make a hard capped fleet to hit back.
2. Every gun type is too accurate, but does low damage.
At the moment with good sail positioning and aiming my all long cannon shoot land on enemy, thats not realistic. Long cannons should spread thier salvo like carronedes does, and carronades should spread more aswell. if u want to elong battle times (to streghten side armor will do that) u should increase shoot spreading, not increase side armour. Plus the damage what a full salvo does is ironic, compared what it should. Btw i dunno why u wanna weaken nose armor, as i read captains tank with nose forward mostly in that time. They dont turn side to enemy to tank, they turn it to shoot...
3. Frugal interface lookout in early acces? Why u dont ask players to make interface ideas?
4. Linear leveling. Shitload of my teammates are sick of leveling. These people will leave game shortly, if u dont change. We can only level by same type missions. U should make shitload type of missions. like delivery missions (take a family, chestbox, etc... from x to y), spying missions (like u seems as an enemy nation captain till u go in thier capital/regional capital city, after u in the city u get back ur real nationality, and u have to escape out), pvp missions (u should use ur players imaginaton again). I think i read about group missions from  u aswell.  Where is it? U prefer solo only playstyle against solo and party playstyle?
5. Still low xp on PVP. Solo PVE play should be only an alternative way to level, main way should be PVP to make the servers really busy.
Sorry guyz to say, but i have a feeling. Imo leader developer just felt love in ur game real battle part. that side of the game is the most enjoyable, and it was good some month ago aswell. U just recalibrate side, rudder etc armour month after month, and u dont take care of the real problems. U should improve weak game parts not game parts u prefer most.  I dont want to hurt u, i want this game succesfull, as its a real gemstone.

6. I have one last idea. If u make all these changes u give more way to level up, give 2 new long goals for hardcore and not hardcore playerz and a ballance between nations. The high end content shuld be the National Home Fleet battles. Time to time they should be made on event rooster. From all port all ships can be deploy in, but the most BR can get in with the sort of the attack starter person (Home Fleet Attack Starter). Nations should start again another nation like 1 per every two days for 3-400 K gold cost and for getting an enemy port they wanted. If the home fleet wins, the port automatically surrenders and will be captured by the attacker Nation.

• 1 month later...

Whale oil is a major resource, hoping it's included in an economy overhaul. I voted for active whaling at first but changed it because it was done by lowering boats and chasing with oar and hand thrown harpoon. Not really practical, and I don't want  just find it and click it.