Game-Labs Forum

Connection Error

Chase

Hello gents,

I've been playing Naval Action the past couple of weeks without any issue. Today I get back from the office and attempt to log into the game via steam and after a couple of seconds the error message "Connection Error" appears (see screenshot).

I have already:

Restarted the game

Restarted Steam

Restarted computer

Not sure if this is an issue encountered by all steam users, but if so, I'd appreciate it if anybody can assist me in resolving this issue

Error:

http://gyazo.com/53fd6dbdc137efa3226b6549124ead9a

Folks,

When the servers are down you will get a "Connection Error".  If you are playing at the time you may experience a crash. Typically the Dev's post when they take them down, but not always. So could be down intentionally or they experience an issue.

Having seen this connection error on and off for the past 9 months that I have been playing the game my assumption is the former.

Deep breath and catch up on your forum reading. Who knows... They may be loading "Open Beta"...      <- TOTAL RUMOR MADE UP BY ME. NOT TRUE. DONT BELIEVE IT. ;)

• Like 2

Yup.  I got it also.  In fact, I just started a game when the green screen came up saying the game ended.  After that, connection error, connection error, connection error.  I'll check it again.  I wonder why The Iron Duke can say with authority that he knows it is not an issue with the server, and where are the fixes people are posting?  I want to read them so I can fix this.

I believe that if the servers were in-fact down that everybody trying to connect to that server would get a server connection error. This server connection issue seems to be effecting a limited number of players, not all of them, this would lead me to believe that the error is a bug and not the systematic reseting of the server.

Edited by The Iron Duke

Prater, okay, what exactly did you do, because after I did my post that I am still not able to connect, I checked again, and I definitely cannot even connect.  And Iron Duke, you said "people have posted fixes on the issue" but I don't see them.  Where do you see them?  Are there system admins that read these forums?  (This is my first day commenting on the forums)  I'd like to play a round but can't get on, and I've tried about a dozen times now to no avail.

I just logged in like normal, I didn't do anything different. I have seen this before, where some people are in game and a lot of others aren't able to get in. It usually gets fixed in 30 minutes to an hour or so.

Edited by Prater

I am guessing that depending on your account, you log into a specific server, and if that server is down or the modem to that server is down, you get a connection error.  Prager's account must be on a different server.  shadowdune must be on the one I am on, because the exact same thing happened to me.  I am still getting connection errors, but at this point I have to busy myself with other things.  I hope you are right Prager, but you can't make a bug report if you can't log in, and unless the admins read this forum thread regularly, it might be a while until they know there is any problem, as many are playing the game just fine apparently.

but you can't make a bug report if you can't log in, and unless the admins read this forum thread regularly, it might be a while until they know there is any problem, as many are playing the game just fine apparently.

When you open your steam account you will have the option of playing the game, or right below it submit a bug. You can click on that and send a report without having to be in the actual game and using the f11 function. hope that helps seaman.