Game-Labs Forum

How to deal with farming?

How do you think farming should be dealt with?  I was thinking something like if there were no key input for a certain amount of time (say 5-10 minutes?) that no damage against you would count for the person shooting you... you would still take the damage but the person shooting you wouldn't get credit.

If I understand what the devs were saying... people would just AFK and let people (their friends) farm them... so this way it would be very boring for the farmer. 

farming  like that strikes me as hugely  uncommon i mean it isn't exactly  hard to  get damage in when your playing the  game  

i think the easiest way to deal with  farming is too just have all the data regarding whose  ship was damaged by who recorded  soo if a player  has down  lets say 2,000 and the other player hasn't done 300 damage or a high enough number of combined damage stat  then he should be looked into as being farmed upon 

but too be honest this is just friends helping friends and aslong as it doesn't happen in pvp or pvp light i dont even see a problem with them doing it  if they want to ruin the  fun of playing with the ships  and learning them as they go then it is there choice to do so 

That's simple. Every ship without captain on bridge should start to leak. How to do this? Crew focus  or sails should be changed at least once for every 4 OR 5 minutes. 

If the crew is idle, the ship sinks. Slowly at first, then faster and faster. That would solve the problem with the players who left the game.

• Like 1

Or The make a post at the forums saying that if player will not stop farming they will re set everyone since they need all ships to be tested (the purpose of sea trials). If they would state that the community itself would just plainly stop anyone trying to do so. Because no one want to be re set....

The problem is that in order for test data to be valid, everyone has to be trying their honest best to win. If big ships make a habit of siting around and letting small ships kill them, it will appear in the data as if small ships are much more powerful than they really are, thus leading to nerfs that then make them underpowered. Obviously a few games one night isn't going to make much a of a difference to the accumulated statistics, but it can't be allowed to become a common behavior, or else it will start to screw with the test results.

Are you sure that's how they are testing this? I was under the assumption that the points were solely for preventing everyone from grabbing a first rate and pounding each other instead of testing all the ships (although I played a couple battles like that & they were pretty fun).

You can farm in PVE right now. We don't police it and no-one is making videos of pve battles and no-one streams them live. 

Bring a friend with a Lineship, stay out of NPC sectors and practice shooting getting more damage as a result. 

Avoid farming in PVP because in this case you are ruining the experience for other players.