Game-Labs Forum

Disconnect / Packet loss

JeeF

My internet has been terribly unreliable lately. I know the problem is on my end but I'd like the released game to be able to handle it better.

Currently, after about 5 seconds of packet loss I'm automatically booted out to the login screen. I then have to wait about a minute to be able to rejoin, getting a "User is already connected" message. What I'd expect it to do is automatically try to reconnect and not kick the user out of battle. Not having to go through a loading screen to rejoin would be appreciated. And if for some reason I do go back to the login screen, it should be possible to log back in without having to wait for the old connection to timeout. "User already connected" would be frustrating with a ship at stake in the open world. If 2 players are sharing the same account, have them kick each other out of the game for all I care. Also, I'm not quite sure if it's already the case or not, just want to make sure that once the server declares you disconnected and furls up your sails, it also centers your rudder.