Game-Labs Forum

The time when you can play with shader model 4?

Elpetty

Hello good, I would like to know when will be the new game engine for older graphics cards, it does not allow me to play because I have the shader model 4 am waiting anxiously able to enjoy and like many people. In other games I pulled in media graphics, depending on the appeal of the game, such as in War thunder shoot me well with the media graphics, but instead with the WOT that has good graphics engine kicks in on me about 45fps. I like the graphics engine is implemented as soon as possible, I know that is not a priority, but I think many people have the same problem as me. a greeting for the great job they are doing.

Mr. Coffey, I was saying the same thing, but then Admin chimed in and said that it's safe to assume that support for DirectX 10 may never be implemented.  In short, for now, I believe the message is "don't hold your breath".

I know that's not a very uplifting message for those that do not have adequate hardware, but I believe it may be a limitation of the current engine they're using.

Mr. Coffey, I was saying the same thing, but then Admin chimed in and said that it's safe to assume that support for DirectX 10 may never be implemented.  In short, for now, I believe the message is "don't hold your breath".

I know that's not a very uplifting message for those that do not have adequate hardware, but I believe it may be a limitation of the current engine they're using.

Hit and sunk ..... literally.!!!!!

That's an interesting idea Mr. Coffey.  I found the following information with a quick Google search.  The claim is valid for at least Windows 8, maybe also Windows 7.  Read down the thread before trying it - you apparently need an SDK.  Before going to the link, please read the following disclaimer:

I have no idea how/if this will work, nor do I know whether or not it could cause system damage or serious performance problems.  I have not tried it myself, and nobody but yourself is responsible for any damage or instability that may result.  DO NOT attempt to file bugs related to display or performance issues if you're using this workaround - they will likely be ignored.  

Please use the following link at your own risk:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=371483