Game-Labs Forum

Launch Boats

This isn't my idea, but I have seen several people wishing that they could launch boats, and I agree and think it is a good idea.  This would be for cutting out expeditions, exploring the coast, shoals, reefs, going up rivers, etc.  It would also be good for if you are slightly out of distance from capturing a ship, you could launch a boat and capture the ship.

In open world, your friends should be able to join you and take your boats if you allow them to.  They could just spawn "on your ship" and then there would be the option for the player who owns the ship to launch boats.  You could then explore the coast or do a combined cutting out expedition.  The Victory had several boats, one even being a cutter IIRC.

I would suggest boats wouldn't have names over them except at close range.

If they are allowed in the TDM games they would not count as being alive, and in TDM the larger ships would not get a cutter.

• Like 3

I think that it would be an ideal idea to make use of the ships in the game. Launching a cutter or gunboat means that you would be able to experience multiple parts of the game rather than the usual small ships at the start of the career and large ships at the end. Instead you use them in tandem.