Game-Labs Forum

How to post images?

On the second bar in the editor is a little square with a tree in it (about 11 from the left).  Click that square, and paste the URL in.  The forum media hosting isn't all that large, and is easy to fill, so the easiest way would either be to directly paste a remote URL, or to open a PhotoBucket or IMGur account, upload your images there, and then use their link button to generate a "normal" HTML link, and paste that URL here.

Sorry for the lack of illustrations, but let me know if you're still confused.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I am running windows 10 on my iMac and I can't load images for the profile or the forum. 

But, strangely . . . I was able to upload an image for my profile in the Sea Lords Virtual Fleet site. 

Why does it work there and not here on the naval action forum? 

The sites are so similar looking, they must have been made by the same design team.

Cheers,

Max

Dear Admiralty Herald,

Would it be possible for you to have a look at my image in the Sea Lords Virtual Fleet profile and insert to my profile here?

My profile name is "Maxer der Grosse" in both sites and I would truly enjoy putting my face behind my words in the main forum.

With all due respect to your workload

Cheers,

Dear Admiralty Herald,

Would it be possible for you to have a look at my image in the Sea Lords Virtual Fleet profile and insert to my profile here?

My profile name is "Maxer der Grosse" in both sites and I would truly enjoy putting my face behind my words in the main forum.

With all due respect to your workload

Cheers,

updated the personal photo limit from 50 to 500kb

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I am still not able to upload my profile image

Cheers

Just tested this

It did not indeed work using the uploader.

But here is the workaround.

1) Upload your avatar image to IMGUR. 

2) Copy direct image link from there

3) Paste into a box - upload image from URL

4) Crop the necessary size and save

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the assistance. I have finally been able to post my profile picture. Strangely, I simply went to my "Sea Lords Virtual Fleet" account, click on the picture and saved the "image address" and pasted it into the field "import a photo from a URL". 

So it worked and I now have my face in Naval Action.

Before the game goes live though, the "Use a custom Photo" function should be fully enabled. 

Thanks again!

• Like 1