Game-Labs Forum

Crew Hitboxes - Suggestion

With 4.0 Damagemodel we get penetration. So if i understand that right there will be a Line in the Ship where it penetrates and what the Ball damages? Or is it just Hitbox on the Hull of a Ship?

If its the first way around i would like to see some Crew Damage by Hitzones/Boxes. So you cant model every Single Soldier on the Ship. Performance Problems etc. But how about Hitboxes on the Ship where Crew Like Sailors (in the Sails), or Guncrew (on the Gundeck), or some Officers mostly where?

So if you hit on the Hull where the Canondeck is and you penetrate. Then there is a chance that Crew that man the Guns will be taken out.

Is it possible?

Zl8saijl.png

From the 4.0 preview thread.  You can see the crew and gun hit boxes here as well as the rudder.  From the looks of it, it would be boxes representing individual gun crews.  Modeling each individual aboard a first rate would be a tad much.  I'd assume that hit-boxes of this kind will work similarly to armor.  The more they get hit the more they decay.

Oh, we already have penetration. 4.0 is just going to refine it.

And you can see in this picture, both guns and gun crews will have their own hitboxes.

http://i.imgur.com/Zl8saijl.png

This is a huge step forward, because it means that a cutter won't be able to murder the entire crew of a SoL by firing grape into the stern. There's just no way to reach the men on the upper decks that way, or the crews in the bows.

That was the Pic that i had excatly on my mind! Thx for Posting it. But how is the Mecanic working? Is there an Arrow of Force going on the Ship and after Penetrate/partialpenetration it travels further through the Ship doing Damage?

New Damagemodel is a huge step forward. I agree. But i hope we get more partiotions on those Hitboxes. Like Officer Hitboxes, Steering Whell maybe? That should have a bigger Impact for some Time till the injured or dead Crewmember is replaced by his sucessor) then just simple Crewmember Hits?