Game-Labs Forum

Slightly disgruntled customer waiting for a key

Qweasdy

Hi, so I pre-purchased this game yesterday not knowing about the non-immediate access (I must have missed it, my bad), it was certainly rather frustrating to find out that I would have to wait till the day after to play the game. I looked at a couple of threads in support and the consensus seemed to be that keys would be set out around 3PM-4PM GMT, well it is now 5:30PM GMT. So is it possible that the keys are late? Or has something went wrong? Or am I going to be waiting till next friday? (in this case I'll be looking for a refund)

I should also note that the lack of confirmation coupled with the delayed batch keys has made me very hesitant to ever spend my money on any future products by this company again, the general customer experience so far has been nothing short of awful.

http://www.navalaction.com/preorder/

At the top of the page, first thing:

Warning: Game keys are sent out every in batches every friday.

Also, it is sometime after 3pm Kiev time that they send it out.

The customer service is excellent, if you stick around.  The devs are very active in the community and actually interact with us.  This is also a testing system right now.  Although we think of it as a game and play it as one, it isn't quite "I'm buying a game product" right now, but a, I'm buying an alpha that I can test and will eventually be developed into a finished product.  The team is small and not everything is in place.  But it is the best thing I've spent my money on recently.  Hands down beats any big title game out there (in my opinion).

• Like 6

Steam keys: You will receive a steam key from us. We will be sending Steam keys in batches every Friday. No additional confirmation will be sent upon purchase except for Paypal one. We just don't want to spam your mailbox.

Edit: Ooops, looks like I was late to the party...

http://www.navalaction.com/preorder/

At the top of the page, first thing:

Warning: Game keys are sent out every in batches every friday.

Also, it is sometime after 3pm Kiev time that they send it out.

The customer service is excellent, if you stick around.  The devs are very active in the community.  This also, is a testing system right now.  Although we think of it as a game and play it as one, it isn't quite "I'm buying a game product" right now.

Yeah I went back to the page and saw it immediately after purchase, it was my bad, I was kinda too excited to get into the game quick.

I've certainly been liking their other game that I bought a few days ago so far and I have no doubt I'll enjoy naval action too, I'm just rather frustrated at the moment, mainly out of not knowing why a batch system is even necessary.

Wow ,I've been waiting since the 21st and still dont have a key and you dont see me raging...............yet

If you've been waiting since the 21st, please check your spam folder.  If you don't see it there, you'll want to follow the instructions at this thread:  http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2018-help-missing-steam-key-email-what-to-do/

Yeah I went back to the page and saw it immediately after purchase, it was my bad, I was kinda too excited to get into the game quick.

I've certainly been liking their other game that I bought a few days ago so far and I have no doubt I'll enjoy naval action too, I'm just rather frustrated at the moment, mainly out of not knowing why a batch system is even necessary.

they only get a batch of keys from valve each week and they have to wait for it wich is why the pre order was sold out after solving the paypal issue they didnt expect people being so eager to get an Limited Content Alpha and throughed they would be able to last untill the next batch from valve comes.

I'm having my men load my cannons with tissue boxes as we speak. Don't worry, they will be delivered as soon as you get your key.

I got an amazing visual of a broadside of Kleenex boxes destroying the sail of a cutter - poof!

Wow ,I've been waiting since the 21st and still dont have a key and you dont see me raging...............yet

I've been waiting since the 23rd too. I sent an email to support with all the required information two days ago and still haven't heard anything. I would have thought I'd receive some sort of email at least telling me they received the support request?

I checked my junk mail settings and I believe I had some sort of adaptive filtering on that I was unaware of and I suspect this has been the cause. I have obviously, turned this off and should be able to receive all mail right now.

Can someone here communicate to the dev's to send me an email of any sort just to make sure I can receive their emails?  I did resend my same email from two days ago to support@navalaction.com but I'd like to just see if I can receive any sort of email from them at all.

I can post my email address in private.

thanks, looking for a life line here!

There is genuinely no way they could have been more clear about what happens upon purchase.

"Warning: Game keys are sent out every in batches every friday."

"Steam keys: You will receive a steam key from us. We will be sending Steam keys in batches every Friday. No additional confirmation will be sent upon purchase except for Paypal one. We just don't want to spam your mailbox."

It's all right there on the purchase page, if you missed it that's all on you buddy!

I've been waiting since the 23rd too. I sent an email to support with all the required information two days ago and still haven't heard anything. I would have thought I'd receive some sort of email at least telling me they received the support request?

I checked my junk mail settings and I believe I had some sort of adaptive filtering on that I was unaware of and I suspect this has been the cause. I have obviously, turned this off and should be able to receive all mail right now.

Can someone here communicate to the dev's to send me an email of any sort just to make sure I can receive their emails?  I did resend my same email from two days ago to support@navalaction.com but I'd like to just see if I can receive any sort of email from them at all.

I can post my email address in private.

thanks, looking for a life line here!

hello. 

we are responding to support daily and always. If you have not been replied that means that your email provider considers us hostile spammers and that explains the reason you have not go the key. Contacted you in private.