Game-Labs Forum

Problems with 2 Monitors

MieseSchelle

I sometimes get into a problem where the mouse fails to lock in NA. Whenever I click LMB or RMB it's somewhere on the secondary monitors.

I fix it by getting into a menu (esc) and just scrolling my mouse into the right monitor, clicking in. Doesn't work without a menu to click oddly, but once I click on a menu button it locks properly.

I don't know if it's the same issue, but maybe it'll help.

same problem here sometimes, thanks for the link blackrat. gonna test that out

Edit: just tested it, so great thanks a lot! now i dont get tabbed out while going melee with the enemy and miss a good oportunity to fire broadsides :)

I'm having the same problem, I'll give mousejail a try and see if that works.

It's super frustrating when you line up a perfect broadside only for your window to minimize and completely throw off your aim when you tab back in.

Hopefully the devs can fix the issue so that the game captures the mouse on the main monitor when in fullscreen mode.

i have 2 monitors allso, and when i start the game, it sart on half and half ( window mode) and i have the same mouse problem, and its driving me nuts.

ill check out mouse jail, but i hope the game gets the mouse under control, some point in the close furture.

I just run most games in "fullscreen windowed" or just window mode if that is all they have (like this alpha test) and that fixes the minimizing without an app but you can still use the mouse on monitor #2.

-Pezz

• 2 weeks later...

Uhm guys, you dont need mousejail, though it does work.

Whenever you alttab and return to the game, press ESC twice, that will re-activate the game window and properly lock the mouse to the game.

Kind regards,

A 2-monitor nerd.

Hello,

i tought i write here since all the suggestions posted here did not work for me.

The f11 and menu "fixes" work aslong i dont go in to aim mode and move the mouse then its off to the other screen again.

I did use mousejail for some time but it stopped working after the last patch. Why i could not figure it out.

Cursor lock helps tho.

http://www.snakebytestudios.com/projects/apps/cursor-lock/

And heres a tutorial how to set up the shortcut.

http://www.snakebytestudios.com/2010/05/using-cursor-lock-with-steam-games/

All the best

nSBlackout

• 2 weeks later...

Uhm guys, you dont need mousejail, though it does work.

Whenever you alttab and return to the game, press ESC twice, that will re-activate the game window and properly lock the mouse to the game.

Kind regards,

A 2-monitor nerd.

My solution is Fullscreen and when your mouse goes to the corner of the second monitor you just press ESC and ESC again to exit the menu and you are good to go.

I highly advise those that still have this issue to try that which is stated above. You do need to re-do this everytime you have minimized the game though, so a permanent fix is welcome, but until then, this should do the trick.