Game-Labs Forum

DC suspended pvp arena boundary gfx and timer

Crankey

This afternoon I was in a fairly large PVP game when my small town decided to have a blackout 25 minutes into the game.... As if this wasn't bad enough I was our only SOL the Santissima and was vs a Bellona and Victory plus numerous frigs and brigs on both sides.

It took between 5 and 10 minutes for the power to come back up, restart PC and get back into game. PHEW ! lucky me I was still alive and had only had a cheeky little barquey doing his best to earn some cheap vp's.

I continued the battle and we were looking very promising, I had 1 repair in hand and about 80% hull 85% sails. Crew and cannon fairly unaffected. We had roughly an equal number of frigs left. I finished the brave Bellona off who was already in a bad way due to my attentions before the DC.

Was then taking on the Victory at range which was going to be close as he was barely damaged, but looked like a nicely balanced finale.

All of a sudden my damage meter emptied and my wind director went from zero to sunk in approximately 4 seconds.

After some chat in the side channel it appears that I had been sailing outside of the pvp zone for some time, however when I looked around from my wrecks final resting place, the pvp map edge was still a good way away and I had not seen a timer on my screen with the 5 minute warning.

I believe this could be a glitch which only occurs due to a disconnect and then reconnect somehow not triggering a true time mechanic to visually show the correct pvp map edge or the on screen warning timer. Possibly the local client reset the battle start timer when I relogged which put it about 25 minutes behind the actual arena time.

• Like 1