Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Twitch Art Contest

This should do it. After reviewing other game box art and twitch.tv button logos of other games I felt like mine needed something done with the font. Added some pazzazz to the font and minor drop shadows and verbiage. I think this one pops a bit more than my first.

NAVALACTION30xcf_zpsd334034b.jpg

-Cannonball

p.s. Is there a deadline for this?

• Like 6

Are we suppose to be establishing brand identity on this as well?

Meaning Logos, Taglines, Color Palette, Guidelines and so on. 

I was trying to stick to the Naval Action Emblem/Logo and font to provide consistency, but has the brand not been fully established yet?

Just wondering :)

• Like 1

Are we suppose to be establishing brand identity on this as well?

Meaning Logos, Taglines, Color Palette, Guidelines and so on. 

I was trying to stick to the Naval Action Emblem/Logo and font to provide consistency, but has the brand not been fully established yet?

Just wondering :)

Well it's the same process create text, image and/or your own logo that represents Naval Action game. Guidelines were stated in 1st post. No one said you can't create new and present it. 

Guidelines

1. 600 by 826 box art image

2. Naval Action name has to be present and has to be readable

3. It must be age of sail setting or/and game related

4. Copyrighted work of others must not be used (its ok to use which is more than 100 years old)

5. Feel free to use screenshots or create completely new art

Fair enough. 

I had reviewed the original post was  attempting to build off what they had and expanding on it. Figured that emblem/logo already lives in alot of places and wanted to carry that palette to the cover. Thought it was an interesting logo and thought the stark white background would let it stand out amongst the numerous dark game covers on the twitch gamelist. 

But, if they are looking more along the lines of what everyone else has been working on I will think of this more as a branding project. Back to drawing board. 

- Fire on the uproll -

by Charles Caldwell - SLVF RN

NATwitchArtv1.png

This is really nice!

Some constructive feedback: the only thing looking a bit 'off' is the look/colour of the gun-flames. I think I'm influenced by a previous screenshot.

Edit: looking a bit more at it, I think it would be better if the cannon balls flew in a bit of an arc, instead of a straight line.

Cheers,

Brigand

Edited by Brigand
  • Like 1

NAVALACTION20_zpsd1576e95.jpg

I resized my image to fit the requirements. Let me know what you guys think.

-Cannonball

I had an image in my head how i wanted the twitch image to look and when I saw yours i thought bingo!, but less is more and prefer it without the six smaller images inside.

Charles caldwell is a close second.

all amazing designs and better than anything i could whip up.