Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Twitch Art Contest

Used old Ivan Konstantinovich Aivazovsky painting from 1817 as background.

Old style box art ver 1

A                                                                                       B 

6ah94Fa.jpg?1HghSRNh.jpg?1

Text barely legible. Use different font?

Into the Sunset...

The font is still WIP, I just can't find one that I like and find fitting.

gallery_7249_101_189744.png

One question I have, is it possible to submit several entries? I have a few other motives and ideas I'd like to capture aswell.

To answer your question, yes, submit as many as you want to do. Just title them differently so people can vote and know which one they are voting for. For fonts, use fonts from font squirrel (the free for commercial use ones) or use Google web fonts, they are free for commercial as well. You can download Google's for Photoshop separately from their site.

This submission is great, but does not fit the theme very much. Where is the action? It's Naval Action, can you make one that is more exciting? Just my two cents. 

I appreciate the tips on the clone stamp.  It worked wonderfully (above is only to show that it was a successful edit - this is not a new submission)

There are a TON of new submissions that are high quality.  I'm happy to have kicked it off, and given the thread some attention it needed :)

GRIM

A little preview of what I am working on, all hand drawn and painted (this will only be part of the box).

I would also like to know, like Caldwell, when the deadline for submissions is as I have a lot of work to do still.

z3vxb9U.png

• Like 3

Using artistic impressions or paintings, however beautiful, don't immediately give off what the game has to offer as compared to submissions that are made out of screenshots.

If I were to see beautiful stylized/art cover work for a sail game, I might just pass it by if I am not specifically searching for such type game, thinking "oh, the somanieth". However a cover showing off the gorgeous models would possibly draw my attention.

That's my 2 cents on the vote.

Besides the above, my compliments to all that have submitted work. They all look great! Personally, I favor Cannonball's so far :)