Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Twitch Art Contest

Hi Captains

We need an image for the Twitch.tv game page. (finally). Would you like to design one for us? 

Requirements

1. 600 by 826 box art image

2. Naval Action name has to be present and has to be readable

3. It must be age of sail setting or/and game related

4. Copyrighted work of others must not be used (its ok to use which is more than 100 years old)

5. Feel free to use screenshots or create completely new art

How to submit

• Post in this topic
  • Name your image - 2-3 short words. it is needed for the final voting

First three best choices will be used on Twitch.tv and other social media.

IP release form will be signed with the winners.

Topic rules.. 

• Post images or clarifying questions. 
  • Other posts in the topic will be cleaned once a day
  • Vote for images by liking the post with the image. Best work will be brought up for final voting.

Ideally this thread will consist of image submissions and posts likes

But don't forget to have fun.. funny images are accepted too. Age of sail related of course.

• Like 1

Used old Ivan Konstantinovich Aivazovsky painting from 1817 as background.

Old style box art ver 1

A                                                                                       B 

6ah94Fa.jpg?1HghSRNh.jpg?1

• Like 2

Used old Ivan Konstantinovich Aivazovsky painting from 1817 as background.

Old style box art ver 1

A                                                                                       B 

6ah94Fa.jpg?1HghSRNh.jpg?1

I'm torn....personally, I like the dark text from "B".  But am partial to the darker image in "A".  In any event, I struggled with how dark to make my image.  In retrospect, I felt my own might be too dark, especially around the cannons (not enough contrast???  proper terminology?).

Some great work Wind.

I'm torn....personally, I like the dark text from "B".  But am partial to the darker image in "A".  In any event, I struggled with how dark to make my image.  In retrospect, I felt my own might be too dark, especially around the cannons (not enough contrast???  proper terminology?).

Some great work Wind.

Thanks. Your image is nice, but it covers the whole space of the box. This makes viewers eyes lost and there is no room for text. I would make the image smaller and add more brightness to show details.

Great feedback. I have a wonderful shot of the Bellona, but it is landscape - so I'm limited with that particular frame to fit the box. But I have had similar thoughts on how close in.

The plus, though, is that it is unique from the other submissions. . lol, unique good/bad... Just unique.

The process is testing - I just got photoshop a few days earlier, so it has been daunting. Managed to put a high pass filter layer and then overlay to bring out sharpens... So much power in the application. So much to learn.

• Like 1

Grim, with my amateur GIMP skills, I have been able to remove that horizon line that is in your picture (mainly using the smudge and blur tools).  If you can PM me your email, I'll send you your picture that I edited.  I don't want to post it here as it would make me feel like I would be stealing your picture.