Game-Labs Forum

Getting low FPS on a fairly decent machine

Bolitho

Hi all. I just paid for and downloaded the game and i have some major FPS issues i hope u guys can help me figure out.

My computer is a MSI GE60 laptop with Intel-Core i7-4700MQ processor, Nvidia GeForce GT750M/2GB GDDR5 CPU, and 8gb ram/memory. I run all games fairly smooth (World of Tanks for example- all settings on max and 50FPS). On Naval Actions however when i turn on ULTRA i got 9fps, with it on low (with anisotropic toggled OFF)  i got 35fps but i cant play it like that because it takes all the fun away.. any ideas?

This one guy on this forum said it should smooth and referring to UNITY but that guy must be a LIAR lol

The game is not optimized yet, but 35fps is pretty good really.  You might want to go down to High, or at least turn off anti-aliasing in the game - it'll still look great but you'll get the better FPS you're looking for.

While the game is playable the FPS is terrible. I cant get more than 20FPS in the open world with a Core I7 32 Gig RAM, and a Windforce GTX980 G1 Gaming Graphics card (which has never been slowed down by any  other game) and MSI Gaming 7 motherboard. This is with everything maxed out but the game is not that graphically detailed and the card doesn't struggle with far more detailed graphics in other games. I also run this game on an Alienware MX17 which is a core i7 with a GeForce GTX 675M and am struggling to get 6FPS on minimum settings. This laptop can run most games on fairly high settings without too much of a struggle.

My ping is never under 300 (KIev is about as far away as you can get from Sydney Australia), I dont think that should be affecting the graphics performance but wonder.

While the game is playable the FPS is terrible. I cant get more than 20FPS in the open world with a Core I7 32 Gig RAM, and a Windforce GTX980 G1 Gaming Graphics card (which has never been slowed down by any  other game) and MSI Gaming 7 motherboard. This is with everything maxed out but the game is not that graphically detailed and the card doesn't struggle with far more detailed graphics in other games. I also run this game on an Alienware MX17 which is a core i7 with a GeForce GTX 675M and am struggling to get 6FPS on minimum settings. This laptop can run most games on fairly high settings without too much of a struggle.

My ping is never under 300 (KIev is about as far away as you can get from Sydney Australia), I dont think that should be affecting the graphics performance but wonder.

No the ping wouldn't be the problem. I'm in Australia running the game fine on low settings (55-60fps) on my i3 dual core 8GB ram and GTX 750 card.

Try to turn anti aliasing off, this is the main FPS consumer

• 2 months later...

Since last Patch, i got frame drops down til 6 fps.

i can join a battle, have 46 fps, and when battle ends and the open world map was loaded, it falls down to 6 fps.

same in the harbor. sometimes its all right, sometimes i have 6 fps.

even exactly 6 fps... 

if i have some issues, then just this damn 6 fps.  i7 3770k, 8gb ram, 680 gtx 2gb vram

any idea ? seetings are like before the patch. 

Since last Patch, i got frame drops down til 6 fps.

i can join a battle, have 46 fps, and when battle ends and the open world map was loaded, it falls down to 6 fps.

same in the harbor. sometimes its all right, sometimes i have 6 fps.

even exactly 6 fps... 

if i have some issues, then just this damn 6 fps.  i7 3770k, 8gb ram, 680 gtx 2gb vram

any idea ? seetings are like before the patch. 

What OS are you running? In case it's Win10, try to set Compatibility with Windows 7 on the both client.exe and client_,exe files (here \SteamApps\common\Naval Action)