Game-Labs Forum

Ramming with light ships

Stormy

So a friend and I were having a cheeky PvP light battle on opposing teams. After my friend, Barakule, took some damage and lost his guns in a ditch last effort he rammed me. As I was heeling at the time his ship managed to ride up over my side and mount my ship. My Cutter was pushed under the water caught under my Barakule's Lynx. However for some strange reason neither of us were taking on any water even though my ship was below the waterline and Barakule's was shot to hell. We sailed like this for around 5 minutes before I eventually got the prompt to board him which got me out from under him. 

While it was really amusing it wasn't particularly fun and if I hadn't been able to board him we would have been stuck like that indefinitely which wouldn't have been fun for either of our team-mates as the game wouldn't have been able to sink. Something should be done to prevent this from happening either letting the ship underneath take on water and sink or to prevent ships from riding up on each other. 

• Like 1

Ramming or being rammed in small ships needs to be looked at. A ship the size of Trincomalee ramming Lynx amidships at 8 kts should likely equal a destroyed Lynx.

Last night, had a Lynx drop sails to rake my bow, I hit him full force, and he brought me to zero knots, three ships pounded me while I was held there and sunk, and he sailed off happily.  Probably not working as intended.  :)