Game-Labs Forum

'Ingermanland' Russian 3-Rate 1715 (With Plans)

Persion

Very nice looking ship indeed. I am curious to see how it stacks up against the bellona considering it has 5* less guns each side.

If there isn't really an advantage over the bellona then no point in using it.

How will the armament be? In 1715 she had 24 pounders on her lower deck and 6 pounders on her top deck whereas in 1716 she got refitted with 30 pounders and 4 pounders.

I do like that it has 4 bow chasers though.

Edited by Ronan

If there isn't really an advantage over the bellona then no point in using it.

By the 19th century it's a 4th Rate, basically. Like HMS Leopard. So no competition to Bellona.

The complement is only about 500 men, so that's your reason to sail it. Honestly, 600 men is pretty skimpy for a 74-gun ship anyhow.

Edit: I just saw her with a crew of 650 men in the screenshot. This ship is doomed to never be used unless it is more accessible than the other SoLs!

sailingships.ru claims that the complement was 470 men. It would take just over 300 men to fight the guns.

• Like 2

I just feel like we have enough russian ships =P.

we have 3 russian ships currently in game (russian flagged anyway) with another one on the way (this one).

and in comparison there is 1 spanish ship and no dutch swedish or danish ships.

and Russia is not even in the game =P.

So id love if the focus was on nationalities in the game and then maby with the russian ships as a bonus later on.

And one of the "russian" ships is not even russian...

(Diana/Frigate/Cherubim)

I just feel like we have enough russian ships =P.

we have 3 russian ships currently in game (russian flagged anyway) with another one on the way (this one).

and in comparison there is 1 spanish ship and no dutch swedish or danish ships.

and Russia is not even in the game =P.

So id love if the focus was on nationalities in the game and then maby with the russian ships as a bonus later on.

And one of the "russian" ships is not even russian...

(Diana/Frigate/Cherubim)

Swedish - Chapman yacht

The Russian Empire was one of the strongest naval powers of the age of sails

as Russian-speaking developers

in the game

Great Britain - 7 ships + 1 wip

USA -  2 + 3 wip

France - 3 + 2 wip

Dutch - 2 wip

I do not see any problems

• Like 2

Я просто чувствую, что у нас есть достаточно русских кораблей =П.

The game is not about the Caribbean, and sailing ships, and fights for them. Russia has spent a lot of sea battles and has many worthy ships. You just do not know their history. Believe me, the history of victories of the Russian fleet in the historical period, is much richer than the United States, for example. Russia is not in the game only because at that time in the Caribbean, there are no Russian harbor. If the developers have done a world of dreams, to the Russian port would have to be in the game.

Игра не о Карибском регионе, и о парусных кораблях, и борется за них. Россия потратила много морских сражений и имеет много достойных кораблей. Просто их истории не знаю. Поверьте, истории побед российского флота, в исторический период, гораздо богаче, чем США, например. Россия не в игре только потому, что на тот момент в Карибском море, нет русской гавани. Если разработчики сделали мир грез, в российский порт бы уже быть в игре.

in english please some of us don´t understand the russian ;)  ;)

in english please some of us don´t understand the russian ;)  ;)

In short, he said Russia was a great sea power but we in west don't know their rich history of sea battles and good ships. The history of Russian victories in the sea is much more rich than USA for example and the one reason for Russia is not in game now is only for Russia had not a port in area. I used Google translator.

And I add that in case of Spain is worse, like we was the "bad guys" in history told from english side and spanish players in game are not the main market target for devs, spanish ships are not enough famous for include in game except santissima. At least we have our flag...

USA is in game for a little time margin and they have more ships than Spain and the same than France more or less, but USA market is very big like Russian and this is the fact.

The problem is Spain, only 1 ship in game and 0 in progress, and Spain was one of 3 main nations in age of sails and the owner of almost map in game...Spia

Spain was in decliine since the 17-th century. It definitely wasn't top 3 by the end of 18-th century as the Russian and Ottoman empires had bigger fleets. But we most definitely need more spanish ships, preferably frigates.

Most ships we make were chosen by the community.

For the next ship voting we can only allow non-american and non-british vessels. But they will still be decided by the community. 

We need some older ships. Dutch 5-4-3 rates would be nice. I have plans in good quality. Let me know if you need help preparing candidates. 

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/6516-friedrich-iii-frigate-1698-with-plans/?p=123587

90% of all land and all big islands but Jamaica you see in game map is property of Spain in time of game is based. And Russia or Ottoman empires are not present in map or game.  As western world native I tend to not know  too much about east history, Ok with that, but in the west, Spain (in decay or not), is one of 3 main powers with France and England. The problem is the history and literature that almost people here had read in their lives was written by English and it reflect in ships the community choose as it is normal. But if I am right, no nation quit America land or islands from Spanish hands until 1810 for independence, not for conquest.

That said, devs can make the ships they think correct. 

Most ships we make were chosen by the community.

For the next ship voting we can only allow non-american and non-british vessels. But they will still be decided by the community. 

I understand why of course but I'm :(. I wanted to argue for a fast boston clipper.

Spain was in decliine since the 17-th century. It definitely wasn't top 3 by the end of 18-th century as the Russian and Ottoman empires had bigger fleets. But we most definitely need more spanish ships, preferably frigates.

Spain had the 3rd largest blue water navy, though. There's no comparison between the Black Sea and the Pacific.

Good notion.

I wanted to argue for a fast boston clipper.

What's a Boston clipper?