Game-Labs Forum

A couple of Suggestions

Just wanted to suggest things for free play.

1. You will be able to select a class of ship, name it, give it a flag, and upgrade it

2. You will be able to create a fleet to travel with you

3. You will be able to select wether or not you will encounter opposing ships and how many

4. You will be able to scavenge for parts of a defeated players ship

Please note: I do not have this game, so I am unsure if any of these features are already included.

Thanks

Well, lest see what I know and have read...

1a) Seems to be a yes, to a degree.

1b) It seems debatable about if we will be able to put custon nameplates on our ships

1c) I think this is a yes for flying a false flag until just before hostilities, then you should raise your national flag, or if the case may be, the Black Flag.

1d) Upgrade...the ship? As in guns? Armor? RIgging? Well, armor and rigging, I doubt but you can change the guns on any given ship now with no penalty for over weighting a ship.

2) Devs have said you can, if you are a merchant sailor, hire Naval escourts to protect you, those being both player and AI escourts.

3) I would hope you cannot set it so you never encounter a hostile ship, but no real knolwedge on dev's plans as of yet.

4) Possibly, know real knowledge that I am aware of.

Well, lest see what I know and have read...

1a) Seems to be a yes, to a degree.

1b) It seems debatable about if we will be able to put custon nameplates on our ships

1c) I think this is a yes for flying a false flag until just before hostilities, then you should raise your national flag, or if the case may be, the Black Flag.

1d) Upgrade...the ship? As in guns? Armor? RIgging? Well, armor and rigging, I doubt but you can change the guns on any given ship now with no penalty for over weighting a ship.

2) Devs have said you can, if you are a merchant sailor, hire Naval escourts to protect you, those being both player and AI escourts.

3) I would hope you cannot set it so you never encounter a hostile ship, but no real knolwedge on dev's plans as of yet.

4) Possibly, know real knowledge that I am aware of.

for 3 i think OP is assuming that this will remain a arena game, however it won't so i highly doubt we will be able to select weather and it will most likely be determined randomly as it is now.