Game-Labs Forum

Game: Return Of The Obra Dinn

Captain Jean-Luc Picard

By the author of papers please:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/653530/Return_of_the_Obra_Dinn/

In 1802, the merchant ship Obra Dinn set out from London for the Orient with over 200 tons of trade goods. Six months later it hadn't met its rendezvous point at the Cape of Good Hope and was declared lost at sea.

Early this morning of October 14th, 1807, the Obra Dinn drifted into port at Falmouth with damaged sails and no visible crew. As insurance investigator for the East India Company's London Office, dispatch immediately to Falmouth, find means to board the ship, and prepare an assessment of damages.

Return of the Obra Dinn is a first-person mystery adventure based on exploration and logical deduction.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/10/18/return-of-the-obra-dinn-released/

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

Sounds a bit like the Board of inquiry and Admiralty court proceedings into the mystery of the Marie Celeste, long on supposition and short on facts.  It should provide entertainment for those with inquiring minds though.

We did this sort of thing in middle school, surprisingly just about everyone loved them, everyone except for me of course who preferred talking about Men of War and World of Conflict and debating which is better, Total War or Civilization IV (the newest one at the time). Little to say, we were big nerds back then.

Edited by Slim McSauce

2 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

We did this sort of thing in middle school, surprisingly just about everyone loved them, everyone except for me of course who preferred talking about Men of War and World of Conflict and debating which is better, Total War or Civilization IV (the newest one at the time). Little to say, we were big nerds back then.

Yeah, I know what you mean, we actually held a mock trials of Guy Fawkes and King Charles I in school,  but that was many years ago. I do think though that such games, mock trials, and debate are healthy, it promotes independent thinking over dogma and that is truly a great thing.    

6 hours ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

Yeah, I know what you mean, we actually held a mock trials of Guy Fawkes and King Charles I in school,  but that was many years ago. I do think though that such games, mock trials, and debate are healthy, it promotes independent thinking over dogma and that is truly a great thing.    

Mock trials were great, law was my favorite class in highschool by far.  R.I.P Coach Lange, best teacher I ever had. 

Edited by Slim McSauce