Game-Labs Forum

Constitution Classic

Njord

Question

So what is the deal with the Constitution classic? Do we have to unlock all slots again or will the model simply replace the old one and we keep the current ships and builds? Will normal Constitutions be wiped once the new is added instead? It is a bit confusing to be honest. 

@admin 

Edited by Sovereign
  • Like 1

13 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Sovereign said:

So what is the deal with the Constitution classic? Do we have to unlock all slots again or will the model simply replace the old one and we keep the current ships and builds? Will normal Constitutions be wiped once the new is added instead? It is a bit confusing to be honest. 

@admin 

Both ships will be in game as separate vessels. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It's kinda unfair to have to grind out all the slots on a ship we all ready have them all grind just cause the model wasn't done correctly the first time.

Old model is great and is done correctly and is still ONE of the best looking Constitutions in games i have seen.

New model is not going to be introduced as skin (impossible - because its a different model - even adding one port to a model will require a different server collision model - ball needs to fly through the port - so skins are only possible if it is just paint) 
New model is not going to be replacing another ship ID (impossible without the ship db reset). DB reset will reset knowledge slots on ALL ships. Thus all refits will always be introduced as new models with new knowledge required. 

unless - something drastic will require us to reset the DB - for example - proper introduction of officers (and their careers and stories) that could require adding ship officer stations.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Captains said:

This make no sense , the bouth ships are almost sisters . I vote for remove the old one and leave in game the classic one .

As said in another reply. All beautiful ships even sister ships must be introduced as separate vessels. There is no vote on this and there never will be, as i am sure you would prefer to grind 1 sister ship than regrind all ships. Win Win. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, admin said:

Both ships will be in game as separate vessels. 

Can we have the model of the classic replace the current on in game since a lot of us have that one grind out and than make the old skin be a new generic heavy 4th rate frigate that could be bought with CM?  

It's kinda unfair to have to grind out all the slots on a ship we all ready have them all grind just cause the model wasn't done correctly the first time.

1 minute ago, admin said:

Old model is great and is done correctly and is still ONE of the best looking Constitutions in games i have seen.

New model is not going to be introduced as skin (impossible) 
New model is not going to be replacing another ship ID (impossible without the ship db reset). DB reset will reset knowledge slots on ALL ships. Thus all refits will always be introduced as new models with new knowledge required. 

unless - something drastic will require us to reset the DB - for example - proper introduction of officers and stations.  

Yeah, do that!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, admin said:

All beautiful ships even sister ships must be introduced as separate vessels.

Is it possible to only rename the old one into "USS President" or some other sister ship of the Constitution, maybe even "Acheron" so we have HMS Surprise's arch enemy? 

Also is there any ETA on when the Constitution classic will be available ( more than once ) or fully implemented? I really want to unlock the slots in PvP but having only one ship that I can't afford to lose doesn't help me very much in PvP...

Just now, Sovereign said:

Is it possible to only rename the old one into "USS President" or some other sister ship of the Constitution, maybe even "Acheron" so we have HMS Surprise's arch enemy? 

USS President or HMS President.....Same ship, different owners.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, admin said:

New model is not going to be introduced as skin (impossible - because its a different model - even adding one port to a model will require a different server collision model - ball needs to fly through the port - so skins are only possible if it is just paint) 

unless - something drastic will require us to reset the DB - for example - proper introduction of officers (and their careers and stories) that could require adding ship officer stations.

Yah didn't want it as skin just wondering if the model could be switched.  Though putting that way I guess it will work as is. 

13 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I want to craft my own constitutions classic and diana, when it will be possible?

Crafting feels like it's been dumbed down big time and this was one of my concerns I talked with @admin back when it was first anounced to do this change. It seems less and less ships are being crafted by those that love crafting.  Me being one of those players I still craft as much as I can, but it's hard to compete with crafting when you have so many ships that are redeemable, refits through PvP marks and just drops from rewards.  Many of them can't be crafted.  L'Hermione should of stayed a CM ship to buy by the general public as it was nothing special and very balanced mid tier ships.  Yet we can only get it with PvP marks and it's none craft able.  Tell me what is the point of being a level 50 crafter any more?  It gives you nothing special that a level 45 or even lower can't do either.  Crafting really needs a good look at it after this patch cause as I stated it's been dumbed down big time.  That great for the players that don't want to craft and they can use Marks or what ever comes along in the future to just buy ships or buy in port, but many of us love to craft ships along with doing many other things in this game.

So Yah I'm with @Intrepido on this one we need more options to get BP's and be able to craft some of the ships that you can other wise get in the Admirality shops too.  There needs to be some perks to being a crafter in game.

L

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah didn't want it as skin just wondering if the model could be switched.  Though putting that way I guess it will work as is. 

Crafting feels like it's been dumbed down big time and this was one of my concerns I talked with @admin back when it was first anounced to do this change. It seems less and less ships are being crafted by those that love crafting. 

We cannot comment on this yet. 

23 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

I know, pretty ironic right? That lets you have the new model front and center where it deserves to be, not the outdated one. Frankly having two models old and new of a ship in game is how you say; and excuse my language, retarded.

I wish the old model was at least slightly modified and renamed. Also the new model does not only look better compared to the old one, it also performs slightly better with the curved hull and additional chasers. Thus I wonder who would use the old one over the new... ?

2 hours ago, Sovereign said:

Thus I wonder who would use the old one over the new... ?

I'm also curious about the fate of the old model. Will it be rebalanced to have something over the classic? Will it be significantly cheaper?

I'm more than open to using the old model as it has a silly special place in my silly heart, but I won't bend over backwards for it. If it was a non-OP DLC alternative I would ofcourse use it extensively. With the wonderful convenience of DLC ships I'd go out and provide content in any shitty or good frigate class vessel.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 9:45 AM, admin said:

Ok here's an idea, how about just replace the crafting recipe and admiralty ship note constitution to the new one, that way the old models slowly fade out of existence, and in an ironic twist become the real constitution classic.

I know, pretty ironic right? That lets you have the new model front and center where it deserves to be, not the outdated one. Frankly having two models old and new of a ship in game is how you say; and excuse my language, retarded.

Edited by Slim McSauce