Game-Labs Forum

With the Eco patch coming up pretty soon I though this would be a good time to throw this out there. I have a few pretty easy to implement ideas to make the eco/trading system a bit more dynamic and owning ports a lot more usefull.

First of all if you craft ressources (extract them from buildings) the money vanishes. In my opinion the money should go directly to the clan owning the port. This would result in many ports used for ressource extraction increasing in value which in turn brings some more incentive to go and fight for those ports. 

Also there is a system at the moment where random ports drop materials for a few days or maybe a day and than it changes. Never took the time to check exactly how it works but for example Musekts drop in certain ports for a while than drop in others a few days later. This very same system could be used for every port where it consumes one or more random good which does not drop in the port for a few days. After a few days the goods consumed by every (besides the big consumer ports) change. 

Goals of this random consumtion:

1. Every port on the map is a viable trading port and has the possibility to make money for the clan owning it.
  2. Dynamic trading routs: The trader who notices first that a certain port consumes a valuable good a port closeby drops cn make a lot of money quickly. On top of that Roundtrips between two or more ports become a viable option making it more interesting to do traderuns. This leads to the next point:
  3. More trading outside safezones: At the moment everyone who does traderuns does them from  a port outside the safezone to a safezone/capital port. This encourages safezone camping even more especially with the removal of the open world tow next patch as traders will be going in and out of safezones very often. With a dynamic system trading outside safezones becomes a lot more interesting as it offers profits as well. 
  4. More OW activity: With people trading outside safezones the chance of finding people to fight or gank outside the safezone increases. If you have no interest in trading but find out there is an amazing traderout somewhere you can go there and are more likely to find people arround there. This drags people away from safezones and sealclubing. I doupt this will impact safezone camping a lot but at least it's a start.

I would love to hear some opinins on this. In my opinion it would increase the value of every port on the map and make especially ports which drop high value tradegoods you can't sell anywhere close at the moment a lot more interesting for many clans. This would fit in pretty well with an eco patch while also providing a little more incentive to RvR for ports other than just pure fun. 

• Like 6

I very much like the idea of ports outside of the safezone (I just love saying "safezone!) being consumers.  I mentioned in another thread that clans should be able to designate one of their owned ports as a "Clan Capitol" and when so designated, that port becomes a consumer exactly like the National Capitol.  This would make RVR much more important and give a big boost to trading.  Additionally, if the clan were to open the port to all, revenue would be increased and many traders of other nations would start to use the port.  Of course you would have to hold on to it...

On 10/12/2018 at 5:32 AM, Mr Pellew said:

With the Eco patch coming up pretty soon I though this would be a good time to throw this out there. I have a few pretty easy to implement ideas to make the eco/trading system a bit more dynamic and owning ports a lot more usefull.

First of all if you craft ressources (extract them from buildings) the money vanishes. In my opinion the money should go directly to the clan owning the port. This would result in many ports used for ressource extraction increasing in value which in turn brings some more incentive to go and fight for those ports. You are paying the workers not the government that controls the port. 

Also there is a system at the moment where random ports drop materials for a few days or maybe a day and than it changes. Never took the time to check exactly how it works but for example Musekts drop in certain ports for a while than drop in others a few days later. This very same system could be used for every port where it consumes one or more random good which does not drop in the port for a few days. After a few days the goods consumed by every (besides the big consumer ports) change. The problem with this is the trader who makes the journey only to find the goods he wants to sell are not needed anymore.  That being said i would like to see a more dynamic trading routes so yes i like your idea but idk how the devs could make this work in a interesting way.

Goals of this random consumtion:

1. Every port on the map is a viable trading port and has the possibility to make money for the clan owning it.
  2. Dynamic trading routs: The trader who notices first that a certain port consumes a valuable good a port closeby drops cn make a lot of money quickly. On top of that Roundtrips between two or more ports become a viable option making it more interesting to do traderuns. This leads to the next point:
  3. More trading outside safezones: At the moment everyone who does traderuns does them from  a port outside the safezone to a safezone/capital port. This encourages safezone camping even more especially with the removal of the open world tow next patch as traders will be going in and out of safezones very often. With a dynamic system trading outside safezones becomes a lot more interesting as it offers profits as well. Not everyone does trading to the capital port. Me as an example i changed faction last week to the pirates. The first thing i did was to left Mortimer and set my trading routes in other parts . In fact i don't have an outpost at Mortimer. I could give you another examples. The british like to trade in Belize or near Bluefields because KPR is a nigthmare for traders. French only need to make Carriacou / Puerto to make big money. Spanish like to trade around Vera Cruz to Campeche. There are many players that don't stay near the capitals because is not worth it.
  4. More OW activity: With people trading outside safezones the chance of finding people to fight or gank outside the safezone increases. If you have no interest in trading but find out there is an amazing traderout somewhere you can go there and are more likely to find people arround there. This drags people away from safezones and sealclubing. I doupt this will impact safezone camping a lot but at least it's a start.

I would love to hear some opinins on this. In my opinion it would increase the value of every port on the map and make especially ports which drop high value tradegoods you can't sell anywhere close at the moment a lot more interesting for many clans. This would fit in pretty well with an eco patch while also providing a little more incentive to RvR for ports other than just pure fun. 

The argument about paying the workers is ok I guess if you want to go for realism which in my opinion isn't the most important thing especialy because allother aspects of the game are made so the gameplay is fun and not a simulation.

Easy fix for traders arriving and noticing goods are not needed anymore is change them at a fix time (for example materials dropped change on maintenance) so that should be no problem at all.

There are only four major consumer ports outside the safezone (Santo Domingo, Puerto de Espana, Nassau and Cartagena) the rest of the ports are small consumer ports consuming Caribean Goods. Yes you can do trading away form reinforcement zones but ports like Belize, Vera Cruz are all ports no clan benefits from. 

The goal of an eco change in any way should be making EVERY port on the map worth having and loosing them should be a loss. This is in my opinion the single best way to get people together and fight for ports insted of dropping them or not showing up becuase the ports are not worth anything.

• Like 2

Beside this suggestion, wich i like, have the option in town management to put Consuming for crafted goods, for example, sabicu logs, teak, white oak, etc instead a player personal storage, so each port consume that good wich is sold at port  overprice for a little time.

The clan paid as usual extra fee for this feature, and this feature can be on and off depending of the need. Lets say 100k per material

So if you have "Town contracts" i think you can archieve this. 

1: Have trade runs with purpose, letting out more people. 

2: making ports more profitables

3: great funcionality and dynamic town management beside timmers and basic maintainance. 

4: RVR meaning, attack important ports beside only having them to decorate your map and drain your finances.

Edited by Carlos_Condell