Game-Labs Forum

TOTAL VICTORY TO THE CSA !

contact

Today I can confirm in my second campaign I have defeated the Union.

Despite the odds. All ranks of the army gave their all for the cause.

My Corps commanders were outstanding. Robert E Lee, Thomas Jackson, A.P. Hill. All carried out my orders with great understanding and leadership.

I cannot praise the men that served under them high enough.

• Like 2

I have photos showing the details in full. 

However it states they are too large to post !

Only been taken with an iPad. 

Never had a problem before.

Many thanks for help.

Details below 👍

Edited by contact
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pandakraut said:

There is a size limit for attachments across all your posts on the forum. You are probably running into the limit and either need to remove the old attachments or host the images somewhere else and just post the link to them.

Thank you.

Will have a try

Cheers

It did take me 2 attempts at the Battle of Washington !

Thought I had won (no doubt so have many others). Only for it to go into a second day !

The UG makers are a sadistic bunch 😳. Should have known wouldn’t be that easy to win the whole campaign in a single one day battle. Nice twist. Though not the first thought that came to my mind 😉.

But after some thought managed to work it out.

Looking forward to trying to show the USA how to win now.

Great game ! 👏👏👏👏👏

The UG people are brilliant.

Thanks for providing so much entertainment.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mukremin said:

congrats mate, a great victory there!

My army size and yours is almost the same, it gives me a bit of motivation to start Washington. I have been absent from the game a while now.

Congrats again! You going for a Union campaign now?

Hi,

Thank you.

Yes will be starting a Union campaign. Looking forward to seeing how it differs when in barracks.

Pleased to hear the size of my army is almost the same as yours. I didn’t have any cavalry. I decided to concentrate on my infantry. Backed up by the most guns I have used in the campaign.

I had a brigade ( down to approx 800 men) that was only armed with farmers. In the 2nd phase of Washington they held the defences directly in front of Washington. Three Union brigades attack them. Every hand to hand was repulsed. They held for the entire 2nd phase.

Most impressed with them. Plus other brigades which held their ground.

• Like 1

Very generally, US vs CS in barracks:

More money and more weapons, Less well-trained troops.  You'll spend more money to make and keep your troops 2- or even 1-star, especially at the size increases from 1500-2000-2500.  You'll not have to worry as much about 'overall' resupply or overall troop count.

More specifically:

No 1841 proto-rifles in the early game.  You're either in melee-only '42s, or Lorenzes.  Nothing in between. That impacts who gets what weapons and how much money you'll be willing to spend.  Similarly your 'main' sharpshooter gun is not as good as an unscoped whitworth.  You're either going all the way to the Brown or not at all, to get bang for your buck.  Artillery is strictly better, just about, and cavalry weapons similarly (who spends money on LeMats, anyway?)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, River of Death said:

Very generally, US vs CS in barracks:

More money and more weapons, Less well-trained troops.  You'll spend more money to make and keep your troops 2- or even 1-star, especially at the size increases from 1500-2000-2500.  You'll not have to worry as much about 'overall' resupply or overall troop count.

More specifically:

No 1841 proto-rifles in the early game.  You're either in melee-only '42s, or Lorenzes.  Nothing in between. That impacts who gets what weapons and how much money you'll be willing to spend.  Similarly your 'main' sharpshooter gun is not as good as an unscoped whitworth.  You're either going all the way to the Brown or not at all, to get bang for your buck.  Artillery is strictly better, just about, and cavalry weapons similarly (who spends money on LeMats, anyway?)

Hi,

Many thanks for the tips.

Much appreciated.

Cheers 👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 6:19 PM, contact said:

Yes will be starting a Union campaign. Looking forward to seeing how it differs when in barracks.

Here is what I wrote after completing my Union Campaign on Legendary:

Took me 2 shots at it to win as the Union. The difference between the two campaigns was how I spent my career points. When I won first I max'ed out medicine, then Economy, followed by Training and lastly I maxed out Politics. Like the real war, your problem isn't men and money. You problem is poor recruits that you need to turn into veterans (medicine) that you need to arm with the best weapons possible (economy).

Good luck!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LAVA said:

Here is what I wrote after completing my Union Campaign on Legendary:

Good luck!

Hi,

Thank you.

Must admit I am enjoying playing the Union. I will shortly be starting the Battle of Fredericksburg.

Really interesting the difference in Barracks from playing the CSA. Number of troops not a problem of course. 

But arming them is ! 

So far I have maxed out on Economy. Also training. Now working up on politics. Plus making sure I can field 3 Corps.

As yet I have not bothered with medicine . My attitude has been. It’s ok. Plenty more troops available !

I do have quality Brigades. I try to ensure they are armed with the latest weapons. But I am still fielding raw recruits armed with Farmers.

They tend to be the ‘cannon fodder’. Having my best and well armed troops behind them. I have used some career points to buy better weapons.

I have recently been awarded the Iron Brigade. However, I’m not sure about overly increasing their number as Veterans. Too expensive !

I have played all the battles and remain undefeated. Still looking to hammer the Rebs every time. As I did to the Union when playing as the Rebs. To keep their numbers down.

Looking forward now to preparing my Army for Fredericksburg.

Really enjoying the different approach to the one used when playing as the CSA.

I am finding it amusing after each battle. When played playing as the CSA I looked forward with anticipation to what weapons I had captured after a battle. Now as the Union, its a bit of a let down. The weapons I am capturing are poor quality and tend to be issued to my new recruits !

Throughly enjoying it.

Best wishes.