Game-Labs Forum

War of the lovers revisited

King of Crowns

2 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

That's the result of a unbalanced game mechanic.

WO and Blanc have captured some money ports and took them out of game with night timers. With those ports they can easily finance night timers for a lot of other ports without generating money by their members.

Nightflips would be a much smaller problem, if tax income only could be generated by players activities. Using labour hours in a port and for trade contracts between players. Every activity with AI should stay untaxed. Then tax income depends on the activity of a nation or a clan and not because some ports offer incredible trading chances with AI.

Money ports have been implemented to fuel competition about those ports. With night timers opposite has been reached.

I'm not doing boring PvE battles or trade runs only to gather the money to pay for port timers. And other Spaniards decided the same way. Same in other nations. Players don't accept a play style Devs want to force them in.

But right now it looks like that the Brits are attacking French night timers. Competition at night will lower this problem as well.

Little Harbor, Nassau, Carta, Santa Domingo, Orangjestad, Hat Island + a few others.....all made more money than La Navasse yesterday all with EU timers on them.  Why not go after those?  Out of 200+ ports in the game, maybe 20-25 of them have evening timers on them.  That's what...10-20% MAX?  Surely there is enough content that could be created to those who are willing.  Typical Graf though, when you start losing you just quit and hop on the forums and blame mechanics and Americans.

This is a game still in testing.  Why people even give a shit about ports astonishes me.  As witnessed prior to the split of the servers and prior to the merge, neither sever was able to sustain a population long enough to keep players interested indefinitely.  Hence reasons for the merge.

Last night both the EU Prussians and GB ground up 2 ports they wanted against US time zoned players and will have battles tonight.  Both of them managed to muster 15+ guys to do it.  In the case of the Prussians, they had heavy losses but still managed to accomplish flipping.  When Reverse and BF wanted to take back the secret islands away from the french during US prime they stayed up and got the job done.  Maybe we'll win tonight, maybe not.  The content is most welcomed.  

What's your excuse?

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Little Harbor, Nassau, Carta, Santa Domingo, Orangjestad, Hat Island + a few others.....all made more money than La Navasse yesterday all with EU timers on them.  Why not go after those?  Out of 200+ ports in the game, maybe 20-25 of them have evening timers on them.  That's what...10-20% MAX?  Surely there is enough content that could be created to those who are willing.  Typical Graf though, when you start losing you just quit and hop on the forums and blame mechanics and Americans.

This is a game still in testing.  Why people even give a shit about ports astonishes me.  As witnessed prior to the split of the servers and prior to the merge, neither sever was able to sustain a population long enough to keep players interested indefinitely.  Hence reasons for the merge.

Last night both the EU Prussians and GB ground up 2 ports they wanted against US time zoned players and will have battles tonight.  Both of them managed to muster 15+ guys to do it.  In the case of the Prussians, they had heavy losses but still managed to accomplish flipping.  When Reverse and BF wanted to take back the secret islands away from the french during US prime they stayed up and got the job done.  Maybe we'll win tonight, maybe not.  The content is most welcomed.  

What's your excuse?

We sleep. We all know what we can do. Get up at Night. Grind money for timers and so on. We just dont want to spend time to grind money for ports and we want to sleep at Night. So if we don’t want to do that, well it will be hard to fight against Those that will. 

The danes against the Dutch is s good example. They basicly took back there ports in Night flips(when BF was danish), so why fight unless we want to grind for money to pay for timers.

Reason for merge. For the population, we just have lost more players. It have for sure not made more want to play.

Yes we test, so isent it fair enough that we give a feedback, that we dont think a global server will work? Ore is it only allowed to praise the global server. You might disagree with those that would like local server, But do think we have a right to raise oure opinion.

Edited by staun

12 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

nah your completely wrong ...proud of what ? 

playing a game  doesnt make me feel proud .. I do however have some respect for players in any nation that  keep logging in every day and play the game when its tough going and you lose more often than you win ..... thats why i have no respect for the spanish ,, 1 or 2 bad results ,, and they stop playing ..." have fun taking empty ports " is their  mantra when beaten ..

ps

i canty believe you guys still get wound up and even reply to  Hornblower

Well you've had your faces in the dirt for so long its only understandable you wanna take your oppurtunity to talk shit. Thats fine, just try not to be such a hyprocrite though, its embarrassing. 

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

That's the result of a unbalanced game mechanic.

WO and Blanc have captured some money ports and took them out of game with night timers. With those ports they can easily finance night timers for a lot of other ports without generating money by their members.

Nightflips would be a much smaller problem, if tax income only could be generated by players activities. Using labour hours in a port and for trade contracts between players. Every activity with AI should stay untaxed. Then tax income depends on the activity of a nation or a clan and not because some ports offer incredible trading chances with AI.

Money ports have been implemented to fuel competition about those ports. With night timers opposite has been reached.

I'm not doing boring PvE battles or trade runs only to gather the money to pay for port timers. And other Spaniards decided the same way. Same in other nations. Players don't accept a play style Devs want to force them in.

But right now it looks like that the Brits are attacking French night timers. Competition at night will lower this problem as well.

while  I agree its not perfect ... it does stop night flips ....if  you set your timers at your prime  its up to you to defend .. if you leave it open to anyone ..why cry about it ,,,its the same for everyone ,, everyone has the same opportunity ,, so in that respect it is fair ,,, if you dont wish to pay thats your decision  not a fault with anyone else

37 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

We lost population not because of the merge but because people get bored or wait for the next big patch.

Thats your opinion, and I respect that. My opinion is the merge with what it did to RvR just made situation worse. But in the end neither of us can be sure of oure point. It proberbly won’t matter in the end because devs proberbly dont change it.

But to keep hear the point that we just can spend oures after oures to trade ore grind for money so we can have timers on. That we just can get up at night and fight. I do think if thats the argument, then somebody forget this is s game and it should be fun.

- Not much fun in grinding ore is it just me that just feel that way,

- I am not going to waist my sleep for fighting. I have both a job, friends and a family. Not an option.

- Why fight a war if you know it is of no use. You just loose all the ports in the end anyway, because somebody take them when you sleep. Yeah I know, just spend oures grinding for money ore trading. But again it might only be me feeling that way.

- RvR is endgame and when ppl even don’t want  to do that, you don’t think there is a problem. In my opinion timers and the cost of it is part of the problem. To my knowledge timers was needed because the merge. Players to ofc has a part.

Edit:

And if I not are wrong the population on the old EU server was around 3-4 times the global. Might indicate what ppl orefere.

Edited by staun

13 hours ago, Christoph said:

here a small list of your glorious victory:

Little Cayman (was defended and we lost)

Trinidad  (was defended and we lost)

San Lazaro  (was defended and we lost)

1st Corrientes  pb (was defended and we won)

2nd Corrientes pb (only 5 player on ts)

Santa Cruz (nobody need that port)

Santic Spiritus (very early afternoon flip. everybody is at work)

Cochinos (nightflip)

Daguilla (nightflip)

Cocdrillo (nightflip)

Siguanea (nightflip)

Barcos (nightflip)

Santa Fe (we didnt have the numbers)

Las Tortugas (nightflip)

Sarazota  (was defended and we lost) it was for the most guys too late

Tampa (very late pb)

Las Sabinas (the clan simply neutralized the port)

Hitten Hatcha (we didnt have the numbers)

San Marcos (we didnt have the numbers)

Cochinos (nightflip)

Daguilla (nightflip)

Cocdrillo (nightflip)

Siguanea (nightflip)

Barcos (nightflip)

*evening

10pm doesn't count as a nightflip.

The only one that wasn't contested was of those was Barcos which had one guy in it on your side and him and Pellew had a duel to determine who would win the port. You were either screened out of your own port or lost because as at Cocodrillo you thought Requins would carry the day, but they no longer do.

TxGRQkE.jpg

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

4 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

again what is   "other time zone players"   got anything to do with it ... WO mange to keep from been attacked  by  "other time zone players"   by putting timers on their ports ...every other nation in game keeps defensive port battles in their prime times by putting timers on their ports except for the spanish ,,

please explain why spanish ports can be night flipped... is it because you are tight with money or just dont understand how to set them

Key West conquest have shown the worst effect of timers: an opened port so close to a Capital should have been fought back rapidly, but it's not possible...

In that precise case how could such a feature be accepted by a single zone player base Faction ?

The Key West event has really hurt the Spanish playerbase rvr motivation.  

Then when active players number starts decreasing in a faction its territory must be reduced.

In that sense some ports without timers can presently be set on purpose.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

while  I agree its not perfect ... it does stop night flips ....if  you set your timers at your prime  its up to you to defend .. if you leave it open to anyone ..why cry about it ,,,its the same for everyone ,, everyone has the same opportunity ,, so in that respect it is fair ,,, if you dont wish to pay thats your decision  not a fault with anyone else

clans have to pay for timers 

we need to get rid of that tax bribe

and we will see that timers will be set for the clans at a proper time

now only the huge clans with a big wallet have that option

Edited by Thonys

7 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

i wonder how many ports with conquest windows ( not 11:00 - 8:00 ) were conquered in the last month.

i wonder how many without window setup had the same fate.

🤔

Maybe change the question, why are there so few pb’s and yes I know there are good days and bad days.

I started to play this game because some youtube videos. Those big battles looked like fun. 

We could look of the list above from the Spanish ore ask the Prussian how many against the pirates.  But for me the most important question is why ppl don’t do pb.

Edited by staun

why change the question ? 

You re not my thoughts nor my brain to replace my reasoning.

No idea what's your reasoning, so i don't care :) 

Yes, big battles are fun for those that like them. For those that like master and commander stuff there's nothing left in the ocean.

4 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

why change the question ? 

You re not my thoughts nor my brain to replace my reasoning.

No idea what's your reasoning, so i don't care :) 

Yes, big battles are fun for those that like them. For those that like master and commander stuff there's nothing left in the ocean.

Why change the question? Because I belive broad perspective could give more answers to why this topic keep comming up. But you are right, you yourself decide what questions is relevant for you. Then ppl can answers if they think it is relevant to.

Not your thoughts.: you are so right. No place to tell you what and what not.

No idea: Well no idea how to reply to that.

Master and commander. Well not my topic, let others answer that .

What never was tried was one server, one map, but split in different timezones, of course that would have cost dev time to balance it so every timezone has everything in it to fight for and not give one timezone-map-part an advantage... 

Now move on to the part where every nation claims to have the lowest player numbers.

52 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Key West conquest have shown the worst effect of timers: an opened port so close to a Capital should have been fought back rapidly, but it's not possible...

In that precise case how could such a feature be accepted by a single zone player base Faction ?

The Key West event has really hurt the Spanish playerbase rvr motivation.  

Then when active players number starts decreasing in a faction its territory must be reduced.

In that sense some ports without timers can presently be set on purpose.

Perhaps a crucial port of as much importance as you say....that close... to your capital should have had a timer.  It was also fully defended by Spain and the reason for taking that port was due to Spain interfering with a Pirate port battle during US prime time where members of 7up and various other clans decided to stay up late to screen us out against another nation.  Clearly you had the chops to get players to do that, but not attempt to re-take Key West.

Jag’s arrogance lost you Key West.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

We lost population not because of the merge but because people get bored or wait for the next big patch.

That's a bit of a stretch.. That won't explain why the population was stable for 6 months or so before the servermerge and then suddenly plummet to 300-500 a day from a steady 450+..

1 hour ago, Lars Kjaer said:

That's a bit of a stretch.. That won't explain why the population was stable for 6 months or so before the servermerge and then suddenly plummet to 300-500 a day from a steady 450+..

It's all because Stormy Daniels released a book giving the low down on her Trump affair, she even goes on about his privates looking like the mushroom from super mario.

Everybody is reading it, should be back after they have absorbed the feel of the text.

2 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

The pop has never been stable. If you would look at the actual statistics you would see that population slowly decreases and then spikes when a patch is released. I like how you said it plummeted to 300-500 from 450, which is basically the same thing. Cut the "Americans are killing the game" bull.

https://steamcharts.com/app/311310 

13 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

The pop has never been stable. If you would look at the actual statistics you would see that population slowly decreases and then spikes when a patch is released. I like how you said it plummeted to 300-500 from 450, which is basically the same thing. Cut the "Americans are killing the game" bull.

https://steamcharts.com/app/311310 

Global server is killing the game. The Americans has nothing to do with it, bad RvR mechanics and magic is at fault.

16 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

yes game needs to die. maybe you should stop being a lazy mofo and play the game to pay for your timers. 

ReeEeEeeEee We cAn ONlY PlAy iN tHe MiDdlE oF ThE NigHt DuRIng ThE WoRk WeEk AnD Not Do SHit DUriNg ThE WeEkEnd #nightflippingLivesMatterToo