Game-Labs Forum

pve server name

Well, it's kind of sad the pve server don't have a name...

I could of course suggest a change for both servers names, for example :

pvp server : neanderthals

pve server Civilized

but let keep it simple, what about calling the pve server :

Antillas

Edited by hoarmurath
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Carebear server?  Hugging server?  Crybaby server?  I wouldn't have done this if it hadn't been for your Neanderthal crack....

Carebearean Server!  Genius (if I say so myself..)

Your contempt does not befit you well. PvE players are no less dedicated Naval Action players than PvPers, and they definitely don't deserve your attitude marking them as 'carebears' or 'crybabies'. They have another playing style, that's all.

• Like 2

Just now, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Your contempt does not befit you well. PvE players are no less dedicated Naval Action players than PvPers, and they definitely don't deserve your attitude marking them as 'carebears' or 'crybabies'. They have another playing style, that's all.

He started it...

3 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Silly repartee aside, I don't feel any contempt for the PVE players.  But when you generate a new thread and open with an insult (Neanderthal??) the result is inevitable.  The obvious names for a PVE server would be "West Indies" or "Antillas".  Lets close the thread now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, hoarmurath said:

it's kind of sad the pve server don't have a name...

Indeed. But...well... if the PvE server has not a name yet, it may be because it is meant to be closed some day (soon)...

However, speaking of server names, it reminds me of a thread with lots of great contributions, opened when the name of the PvP server was discussed. There were names of great captains, explorers ; locations... Lots of ideas !

pacific would be a better name (peaceful) but it will give wrong signal and people might think the will spawn in the pacific 
names are not final and on release we might come up with better ones. 

Maybe use the tolstoy reference  War (pvp)  & Peace (pve)

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

search function works fine :) 

Indeed ! 🙂

But I wasn't thinking about this one (that I've forgotten) but about a thread created par Admin when the name of the PvP server was chosen. There were dozens of great replies, lots of pages. It was a kind of contest (with small prizes) if I recall correctly.  I searched but did not find the thread.

Edited by LeBoiteux

2 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Carebear server?  Hugging server?  Crybaby server?  I wouldn't have done this if it hadn't been for your Neanderthal crack....

Carebearean Server!  Genius (if I say so myself..)

I always think it's funny they think we are so evil and such and they tend to start the name calling and flinging poo before we do. I see some very rude comments made by PvE only players over the last two years when no one provoked them and a lot of them seem to have this image of what happens over on the main (real) game server.  Yes I think the PvE server is currently a waste of reasorces while the game is in development but eventionally Devs going have to do something about it as the rules don't work on both servers.

2 hours ago, admin said:

pacific would be a better name (peaceful) but it will give wrong signal and people might think the will spawn in the pacific 

As funny as War and Peace would be, but that wouldn't work if we ever expand to more than just one Main PvP/PvE server when the game goes live.  

Caribbean (Main PvE/PvP)

Pacific (PvE Only)

Than if and wend you expend to more than one server we could come up with names for like the SEA/AUS server or the NORTH AMERICAN server.  Though I would actually pool your resources and look at a better centralized server for the Main one upon release.  A location best for every one that plays ping wise.  Than if the demand and numbers is needed expand your SEA or EU servers from the main global one so that way if the numbers ever drop you can merge the expanded servers back into the main ones again.  Server names can keep a them of ocean of seas close to there locations or something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

I like the Tolstoy books very much and I think they are appropriate names for the servers.. Although I'd like to suggest a small addendum:

WAR (EU)/PvP

WAR (US)/PvP

Peace (Global)/PvE

Captains, please. PvE or PvP we all Naval Action players.

So, stop acting with your false superiority if you play on Caribbean server and using such adjectives to refer to the PvE server playerbase.

Is not even funny and borders the disrespectful.

• Like 1

The names have to be clear, otherwise people will join the wrong one and then possibly get frustrated when they have to start over on the other. 

2 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

To be fair, I think all new players should start out on the PVE server and complete a variety of tasks before they transition to PVP.  (Quoting myself from another thread here).  War & Peace is a pretty good suggestion.

i enjoy both servers , although i decided to stick to the pve , had to make a decision , limited time atm . war&peace are great names for the servers

3 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

I like the Tolstoy books very much and I think they are appropriate names for the servers.. Although I'd like to suggest a small addendum:

WAR (EU)/PvP

WAR (US)/PvP

Peace (Global)/PvE

1) I like the war/peace idea

2) stop trying to make global happen. It's not going to happen (and even if it does, I won't move)