Game-Labs Forum
Coraline Vodka

Bring back Outlaw Battles!

1 minute ago, Le Raf Boom said:

And how does fix griefing and bullying other 'pirates' - wasn't that a thing on global? Do what I tell you or else!

Err....you're pirates.  You're supposed to be forming internal coalitions and fighting each other - might makes right.  Leave namby pamby friendly talks and full consensus to the filthy nationals.  😎

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

Outlaw battles is the worst thing you could encounter. An alt pirate tags another pirate in safezone just to get slaughtert by the national main account.

The only guys liking this idea want to use their alt accounts to spread mistrust and troll certain nations.

We already have enough mechanics being spoiled by alts. Don't add one that only serves alts. 

If you wanna duell each other do it on accepted green on green. 

No longer possible. Read the conditions that I laid out. Next.

59 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

Outlaw battles is the worst thing you could encounter. An alt pirate tags another pirate in safezone just to get slaughtert by the national main account.

Most people who are suggesting outlaw battles overwhelmingly agree that pirates should have NO safe zone whatsoever. So with that in mind, there would be no need for an alt pirate account since an enemy nation can tag just as easy. The idea is that anyone can be your enemy at any time and if you don't like that, you should go to one of the other TEN nations in the game. If something like this does happen, its up to the clans to protect their own members (which in most big clans, there will be protection). 

1 hour ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

The only guys liking this idea want to use their alt accounts to spread mistrust and troll certain nations.

Wrong. Most of the supporters are genuine players who want to play the outlaw role. Will a small percentage of players try to use alts some way or another? sure. But many of the suggestions being put forth will limit exploits. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

And how does fix griefing and bullying other 'pirates' - wasn't that a thing on global? Do what I tell you or else!

This allowed us to settle internal squabbles, reduced the need to go whinging away to another nation, created incentives for people to do right by their nation mates and reduced the effects of alts on legitimate nation play. All nations should demand the ability to do this.

2 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

That's life in the NFL.  

Back on global I THINK we sunk 1 other pirate intentionally in an outlaw battle.  In pirates on EU, SORRY used it to browbeat other pirates into getting their act together and a fair bit of bullying too.  No outlaw battles inside the safe zone is a good way to help stop this.  

Being a pirate should inherently be more dangerous than being a national.  Right now there is zero difference.  

4 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Alright, I'll bite. So, let's say a clan, decides to go pirate, then we sink every single pirate we see. Do you really want to see that happen?

Yes 😃

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Alright, I'll bite. So, let's say a clan, decides to go pirate, then we sink every single pirate we see. Do you really want to see that happen?

THATS THE WHOLE POINT! COME GET SOME.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Sure.  if you guys want to do it purely to grief and get no marks out of it, why not.  Pirate clans that don't like it could say....go french 🙂

Now a proper game would have some sort of checks and balances to prevent this happening like a reputation system preventing you from entering pirate ports or something like that.  If only.......

• Like 2

've to find somethin' to avoid cheat with outlaw battles, but yarr bring back outlaws, make pyrates harder (no ports, RvR, etc but it's another storie)...

btw, got some pyrates on my death list... Haharr :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Yes.  I loved outlaw mechanics. A player in my clan hit pirate traders so we were put on the ‘coalitions’ kill on sight list. I loved having to watch all around for any player ship, even pirates, being safe no where. 

• Like 2

Some folks don't know how to play the game without having a bunch of allies on their side or multiple ships to outnumber the enemy.  That's that national style of play.  

Pirates should be different.

7 hours ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Bullying and griefing other pirates? Please.. even in Disney pirates attacked each other (barbossa -> Jack sparrow, blackbeard -> barbossa) if you want to play a faction that are supposed to be without rules i would suggest joining a proper nation. I would even remove the pirate as something you can create from the character screen, because no one were born a pirate but choose it freely

Pirates should be different, I would like to see them as a non-nation, bunch of clans that can attack each other and fight among themselves and who can have a small impact on RvR, via some rent-a-pirate-clan scheme (this has the potential to liven up RvR), no safe zones, no capitals. Outlaw battles as they were, were not well designed and prone to exploits. Quigley Whatever and his services rendered to France/US comes to mind, the only battles the pirates (with outlaw battles) would give anyone on global.

This should be done right, turning on outlaw battles without any changes to the system is probably not the best for Disney lovers like Wyy.

Pirates SHOULD be different, not just another nation with a slightly altered ROE. Pirates really should just be a Squabble of lone players with vendettas to their nation, not a nation themselves.

Outlaw battles without outlaw Port Battles won't work. That's a great machine to take players off the game.

I also remember many times when those battles were used by pirates to eg. sink each other, so that others wouldn't get marks. That's just an exploit, there's no reason why one nation should get it.

Outlaw Battles for every Nation....

Yes, great idea. Outlaw Battles plus name change and nation change DLC, great thing to destroy any nation with alts from the inside. Maybe even more great suggestions to drive the game to the wall within half a year?

What's wrong with you?

18 minutes ago, Hellmuth von Mücke said:

Outlaw Battles for every Nation....

Yes, great idea. Outlaw Battles plus name change and nation change DLC, great thing to destroy any nation with alts from the inside. Maybe even more great suggestions to drive the game to the wall within half a year?

What's wrong with you?

outlaw battles should only be locked to pirates to start, as if a british attack a british he would be sentenced for piracy and hanged at the spot, so as in other words, the only way to become a pirate is to attack and kill a fellow captain of the same nation

Edited by Wyy

11 minutes ago, Wyy said:

outlaw battles should only be locked to pirates to start, as if a british attack a british he would be sentenced for piracy and hanged at the spot, so as in other words, the only way to become a pirate is to attack and kill a fellow captain of the same nation

We had that.

14 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Yes fix it, bring back outlaw battles

--Split into separate topic to avoid spamming feedback thread - H. Darby--

Ban the captains who want outlaw pirate( alt )battles ....

Edited by Thonys

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

Pirates SHOULD be different, not just another nation with a slightly altered ROE. Pirates really should just be a Squabble of lone players with vendettas to their nation, not a nation themselves.

yes......not able to sail higher than  a 4 rate for starters

(the more the pirates want the more i squees the thumbs)

Edited by Thonys

13 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

We had that.

I have bad memories of lots of people accidentally turning pirate because of mis clicks they were messy times indeed.

• Like 2