Game-Labs Forum

Naval insurance comes to the Caribbean

37 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

When and if mods are rebalanced so that stacking is not possible and they only offer a very minor boost they will stop being an issue.

*sips coffee* Few things are cooler than reading reasonable opinions in the morning.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Give the man some creative freedom!

Cant you just picture him there...  red oriental fabric smoking jacket, legs crossed.... peering out over Lord Hethwill Bay..... sipping his machiatto as the wind gently blows his hair.....

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 11:44 AM, admin said:

Naval Insurance is confirmed. 

All crafted ships if lost in battle will be compensated by the admiralty at base cost or resources excluding doubloons. 
Do not give up the ships!

How it will work. If you enter a battle on a crafted ship - and sink in it - cost of the vessel will be returned to you with no insurance charges. If your ship is captured or taken over - you will not receive an insurance payout. 

Isen’t doubloons the most value part now? The part that take most grinding to get? 

I fight hard for an hour and sink. I get paid. I fight hard for an hour, get boarded, I don’t get paid. To me it Sound a bit strange.

If you not are going to pay out the doublons, I see very little value in the insurrance in term of helping players to get  ships. With this patch they are allready imo to expensive, unless you only want to sail 5 rate and belove. But ofc it is free, so no need to complaint. Just don’t see much value in the insurrance.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:59 AM, Sovereign said:

I hope pirates don't get insurance in the future but another perk as tradeoff. I know it is only a game and all but I really wish pirates were something special, unique and a bit hardmode. Insured pirate ships seems rather silly at least... :P

Eugghhhhh.......insured pirates.

yuck.